♧ Gun Gifting ♧

(Bonus chapter, quite motivate from the comments you've said that it made me make this! Thanks so much for your continued support!)

It has been 2 days after the incident, disposing that poor insolent cat was such a headache. There is nowhere to throw it but the lake nearby. It's a good thing I was able to clean the blood off my clothes after as well.

What? It was his fault for doing such an idiotic thing, and besides, he doesn't know who he was messing with.

 "ah, sas?" Luther spoke in confusion. You woke up from these thoughts when you realized you were staring at the wall, the spoon of soup you held stopped just in front of Luther's mouth, his mouth still open wide waiting to be fed.

"Ah, apologies." You replied, feeding him the soup, now cold, as he drank it, feeling the tang of saltiness.

"Water -" He motioned, you quickly put aside the soup, grabbing a glass of water from the tap, "Here, too salty?" A tone of embarrassment as you reply, yet you don't need him to answer that since he gulped the water in one go. One of the reasons why you went for being a waitress instead of a cook. Cause duh, you don't know how to cook.

Luther's still in his collage, and he studies culinary. Quite lucky, am I right? But it'll be very lucky to whom he'll be marrying cause some of our neighbors say he's the total package of an ideal cat. And for me, ha! Half of the ideal package, and it's fine.

You work nonstop just to make sure your little brother graduates, making sure he has a better life - well, maybe after he got stabbed by that imbecile- yet still making sure he grows in peace later on

"Are you okay?" He sheepishly replied, resting his back at the headboard, "I'm fine, don't worry." Calming him down, besides, you don't want him to concern you.

"You sure? Cause seems like you poured all of your problems in this soup." He honestly replied with a flat tone, "What! No, no, I didn't. Why would I do that?" You defend, "Well, remember the time you cooked cookies for brunch?"

"What about it?"

"It tasted terrible, terrible that I tasted the pang of problems."

"What! Well, yes, maybe I did bake those cookies with anger, but the problem is, why didn't you tell me that time? That was 2 years ago!" You spoke, the voice of concern washing over you that you thought you have almost killed him that time.

"I didn't want to make things more difficult already, cause if I did, you'd be adding chocolate chips with a flavor of pain." He sarcastically spoke it like a joke. You glared at him, just like how Father used to tell such dad jokes to us before, but it seems like we got this guy telling dad jokes more terribly.

"Right.. It seems like you're doing great already. Luckily, the stab wasn't too deep, that it didn't touch one of your important body parts." You spoke taking the bowl as you went to wash it.

There was silence after, yet Luther had the time to speak again, "Did the doctors say anything about me getting discharged yet?" He asked, "No none at the moment,  although if you're worried about your studies, I was able to take the principals time and tell your current situation, gladly they had the heart to pause you behind for until you came back to school looking fine again." You replied, sitting at the couch.

Luther felt the tense wash away, he really is devoted to finsish school and graduate, making sure that he accomplishes the promise he had once told to you, that after graduating, it'll be his turn to work for you.

It was nice for him to do that, and besides, I've been working in my younger years day and night when I should be enjoying with the other felines, going shopping or probably taking violin classes, well if mother and father didn't pass away that's for sure. You did make a promise to them aswell, a promise to make sure to take good care of him. That was the last word I ever told them after they died. Oh, how time would be greedy these days, am I right?