Reborn

Note: Major time skips in a few chapters. Chapters will gradually get longer.

Ravenna's POV, 0 years old:

What is going on?! Where am I?! I can't see anything!

Am I in hell?

The last thing Ravenna remembered is seeing the looks of hatred and disgust of the people around her before she closed her eyes for good. Then feeling a few seconds of intense pain before her mind blanked out. She doesn't know what happened to her afterwards.

One thing's for sure, she died.

This whole time, she felt that she was underwater or even in limbo for a long time. She can't see, but her other senses work somehow. Sometimes, she can hear the voices of a man and woman, their tones affectionate which she is not used to.

She didn't know how long has it been since she was stuck in the same position with her memories to occupy her. Mostly they are bad, but it's her only way of entertainment.

But then suddenly, she saw a light through her blurry eyes, and something was forcefully pushing her towards it.

Wait! What is happening?! I don't want go to that strange light unless I know what it is! Am I about to meet God?!

The forceful movement continues until Ravenna felt her head touch air.

For some reason, it felt so foreign that it made her cry.

No! I don't want to leave! I want to stay in my comfortable spot!

————————————————————————Please continue to push Madam! Keep pushing! I can see the head!" The obstetrician gently coaxed.

"I am pushing!" The disheveled woman heaving on the hospital bed yelled.

"Just a bit more Madam! Almost there!"

"ARRGGH!!!"

"You are doing a good job honey!" A man standing near the woman's bedside said encouragingly. He held the woman's hand.

"SHUT UP HAL! YOU F*CKING DID THIS TO ME!" The woman squeezed the man's hand harder.

The man winced. "Angelica dear, you are crushing my hand."

Just then, the sound of a baby crying can be heard. Then a sound of a snap as the umbilical cord was cut.

"Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Stuart! It's a girl!"

As the newborn's cries filled the room, Angelica's anger seemed to dissipate, replaced by a flood of overwhelming emotions. Tears streamed down her face as she looked at the tiny bundle wrapped in a blanket that was passed to her arms.

"Oh Hal," she whispered, her voice choked with emotion. "She's beautiful."

"Hal's expression softened as he gaze at his wife and newborn daughter, his own eyes shining with tears. "She's perfect," he murmured, reaching out to gently stroke the baby's cheek.

The obstetrician and nurses bustled around the room, attending to the final details of the delivery and ensuring both mother and baby were comfortable.

Angelica's grip on Hal's hand loosened, and she leaned back against the pillows, exhausted but elated. Despite having gone through the pain and frustration of labor, she couldn't help but feel the overwhelming sense of joy as she cradled her daughter in her arms for the first time. Motherly instincts kicked in, and the new mom quickly brought the baby towards her exposed breast to feed on.

The baby stopped crying immediately.

Hal leaned in to press a kiss to his wife's forehead, his heart filled with love and gratitude for the miracle they created.

"We did it," he whispered, his voice filled with awe. "We're parents."

"Yes we are. What are we going to name her?"

"Well we did decide that if we had a girl, you would be the one to name her love. What do you want to name our daughter?"

"How about Ravenna? Our newborn daughter already have some tuft of raven locks on her head. She got the same hair color as my mother, whose name was Raven."

"Ravenna sounds perfect. A beautiful name for our daughter," her husband agreed.