Chapter 3

Detective Kaii leaned against the worn wooden desk in his cluttered office, his fingers tapping rhythmically on the surface as he recounted the events of the day to his sister, Teje. Her eyes widened in astonishment as he described Miss Circle's cryptic statements and the suspicious behavior of Oliver and Zip.

"Miss Circle said that?" Teje exclaimed, her voice filled with disbelief. "But she's always been so... mysterious. I never would have thought..."

Kaii nodded solemnly, his expression reflecting the weight of the situation. "Yeah, it's like she's hiding something, and I intend to find out what."

Teje sighed, a hint of disappointment creeping into her voice. "I always liked Miss Circle. It's disheartening to think she could be involved in something like this."

Just then, there was a knock at the door, and Miss Circle stepped into the room, her presence commanding attention.

"What's going on here?" she inquired, her voice cool and collected.

Kaii exchanged a knowing glance with Teje before turning back to Miss Circle, a hint of mischief twinkling in his eyes.

"Oh, just discussing the latest developments in the case," Kaii replied casually. "You know, the usual detective stuff."

Miss Circle's gaze flickered between the siblings, her expression unreadable. "I see," she murmured, her voice tinged with intrigue. "Well, if there's anything I can do to assist with your investigation, Detective Kaii, you know where to find me."

With that, she turned and swept out of the room, leaving Kaii and Teje to ponder the mysteries that lay ahead.

As Kaii watched her leave, a nagging sense of doubt lingered in the back of his mind. Miss Circle's offer of assistance seemed too convenient, too calculated. But he pushed aside his suspicions, knowing that in the game of cat and mouse, only time would reveal the truth.