The one with the Bat

" Teri wajah se na, jo meri baad mei halat hoti hai na..."

KKR vs RCB match had just ended. RCB team were in very low spirits because of the unexpected loss that too by just a single run.

 Virat was fuming. He was fuming at his luck. The way he got dismissed while batting. Also, because he wasn't able to see his team through to victory. He felt he was failing them again and again. 

Faf, sitting next to him, silently observing the changing expressions on Virat's face, suddenly kept his hand on his opening partner's hand. Virat abruptly looked up at his team's captain, his thoughts halted with the sudden touch. Faf simply smiled and looked towards the gate, forcing Virat to do the same. An involuntary smile came on Virat's lip as well. There, at the gate, stood a very unsure-looking Rinku, KKR's hard-hitting batsman, recently pestering Virat as little brothers would. Virat affectionately shook his head and walked towards the younger guy. 

"Kya re Rinku, vahi khade rahega aaj?" Virat asked loudly, making the kid grin sheepishly. Virat walked up to him, threw his hand on Rinku's shoulder and led him to the same couch he was sitting on a while ago. Faf had already vacated the room, giving some privacy to the duo.

"Bhaiya, aap sachi bat nhi doge?" Rinku asked unbashedly. 

Virat laughed.

"Tu itni mashakkat bas ek bat ke liye kar rha hai, mere bhai?" Rinku bobbed his head up and down and Virat resisted the urge to pinch his cheeks.

"Aisa kya tha uss bat mei? Itna try maar rha hai tu, kya baat hai?" Virat asked, hiding his grin.

Rinku sat up straight immediately, his eyes shining as he started to explain the importance Virat bhaiya's bat held for him.

"Bhaiya, vo bat nahi, aapka bat hai! The Virat Kohli ka! Special hai vo!"

Virat laughed again at the innocence that boy held. 

"Aaj tu jaa, team ke saath celebrate kar, kal mere nikalne se pehle tujhe bhijwa dunga bat, ok?"

"Sachi bhaiya?" Rinku's eyes shined brighter if possible. Virat nodded with a soft smile.

Suddenly, Rinku's demeanour turned sad. 

"Sorry bhaiya, aaj aap log haar gaye and mai phir bhi..." he let the words hang in the air.

Virat internally sighed and immediately composed himself, putting on a brave smile as he ruffled his junior's hair.

"Haar- jeet chalti rehti hai, chhote. Tu jaa, and full enjoy kar, ok? Ye sab baat ki bilkul tension nhi leni, varna mai Shreyas se teri khabar lunga. Samjha?" Virat playfully threatened.

Rinku dutifully nodded very seriously, when an out of breath Maxwell barged into the room.

"Vi! Take your phone. Quick or this might be your last day, mate."

Rinku, scared, looked at Virat immediately. Virat shook his head," Arre tu chinta nahi kar, isko drame ki aadat hai." Rinku laughed. Virat gave a final hug to his younger companion and walked up to Maxwell, giving him a hard whack as soon as the kid was gone. 

"What is wrong with you? You can't do anything gently?" Virat asked annoyed.

"I came to save you and am being treated like this," Maxwell complained while rubbing his head. "Your precious kiddo had called like a million times, I picked it up at the last call and he cut it immediately. I feel I should start preparing for your funeral mate," Maxwell explained, pretending to think, earning another whack.