11 - occupation interrogation

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

june | 2016

       She was very against the idea of being stuck with him for that long in a public aircraft. But when Marc offered the window seat, that was fair. He was leaning back in his seat, his cap resting over the top half of his face. 

"So who's this fancy rich guy we are dealing with again?" Alex asked, sitting next to her once victim on a plane.

Marc glanced at his ally for a brief moment of judgement in his face. He then cleared his throat. "Classified,"

"Oh come on Spector! I can't walk in this blindly." She said with folded arms with a frown. "You could be stabbing me in the back and turning me into your boss."

He scoffed, peering under the bill of the hat. "I hate my boss as much as you hated yours."

"Kachoo?" She said trying to remember the name he shouted out of the blue back in the alley the last time they encountered each other.

"Khonshu." Marc corrected her with snark, careful not to hint appreciation of her humor.

"That's what I said." Alex replied with a grin.

He shook his head. "Whatever you say." 

"And if you hate it so much, why can't you just quit?" Alex suggested with a shrug. "It's not like you are programed chemically like the Widows."

Marc grumbled as he took off the cap, wiping the exhaustion off his face with a sigh. Through the tiredness in his dreadful expression, she saw a desire. It reminded her of the painful begging for freedom in Ingrids pleading before Dreykov forced to her kill herself.

"It's not that simple." He said, his fingers combing through his hair before putting the hat back on. He stayed silent, his thumbs gently tracing his palms resting in his lap.

"What do you mean?" Alex asked without a hint of sarcasm for once. If he wasn't chemically subjugated, then he must have a easier way out right? Or so she thought. 

Marc glanced at the corner of his eye like he was a child being disciplined for breaking a rule. Unsure of what to say. He spotted a little boy a few rows up between the seats, sitting with a woman and a man. The taste of bitterness polluted his mouth at the sight with flashes of things he didn't want to uncover.

Thankfully, he found a diversion before Alex could pry. "Oh look!" He lit up before his arm extended as he pointed out the window. "There's the city."

Alex followed, seeing a beautiful line of civilization near the ocean. The skyline kissed by the sunrise, reflecting off of the buildings that she assumed were filled with corporate offices or other types of businesses.

"Woah!" She gasped as her eyes widened, staring through the clear glass to see small figures on busy streets and beaches. "It's been a while since I've been here."

ASSOCIATE《 m.k. 》जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें