01 - servitude

🌙

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

🌙

F L O R E C N E
(italy)

May|2016

She crept up on the roof,

searching for her potential culprit.

The sun was setting in the east and nighttime would soon be upon the city of Florence. Ready to strike and complete the task of killing him. Advancing down to ground level with a wire, repelling down as she ran alongside the building. Her sturdy combat boots slammed on the brick road as she landed. After retrieving the wire she headed toward the direction where she last saw the man venture off. Making her way through tourists while snatching a navy blue jacket from an outdoor clothing sale and swiping sunglasses off the display table discretely. Zipping the piece of clothing to hide her black uniform. The crowd filled with average citizens as she searched for him in the massive sea of people, may it almost impossible.

Until a small movement of a familiar figure, disappearing into a mini Café down the street.

There was no turning back now. She had to improvise in a local setting, hoping to get this over with quickly. 

Inside the shop, she found the man ordering a cup of coffee at the front with only 3 people in the way. He turned around and she avoid eye contact, looking down at the fake phone she was given and pretended to be texting someone. At the corner of her eye, she saw him sitting down at a table with his drink. The bill of the black hat covered the top half and the cup hiding the bottom as he took a sip, hiding his face.

There was many ways to go about his. She could sit next to him and present herself as a innocent city girl from Florence. Get him to warm up to her, get him alone and then execute him. Yet that would take too long, she wanted to get it over with.

"Ciao!" The young adult called for her in Italian as she stepped in front of the cash register. "Cosa posso fare per te?" (Hello! What can I do for you?)

"Te Bianco con una fetta di limone, per favore." She replied, the language rolling off her tongue with ease. (White tea with a slice of lemon, please)

The boy nodded, and finished ringing up the cost. He then gestured her to wait off to the side while he helped the next customer behind her.

As she waited, she glanced around the cozy and relaxing café. If she wasn't here on business, she would stay here for a full day. She spotted book collections covering the walls as if it were an old library. Then she observed the man. He was still at his table, next to the window. Off to his right, there was a fireplace with a book case filled in the shelves beside it with an empty table right in front of the furnace.