✨ Announcement ✨

📢 Announcement: Updates to Prose Pioneer Contest Categories and Rules!

Dear Wattpad Writers,

We're thrilled to announce some exciting updates to the Prose Pioneer Contest! We've listened to your feedback and made some changes to the categories and rules to make the contest even more inclusive and fair for all participants.

Categories Addition: In response to the diverse range of talents within our community, we've added new categories to the contest. Alongside the existing categories of Fiction, Non-Fiction, and Poetry, we're introducing two new categories: Fantasy/Sci-Fi and Romance. Now, you have even more opportunities to showcase your unique style and creativity!

Rule Changes: In the spirit of fairness and inclusivity, we've made adjustments to the contest rules:

Revoked Work Creation Date Rule: The previous rule requiring works to be created after April 1st has been revoked. You are now welcome to submit any of your works regardless of their creation date. We believe this change will provide a level playing field for all participants and celebrate your writing journey regardless of when your masterpiece was born. (If your book has more than 10k views/votes, etc, it could be disqualified, though. This contest is for hidden gems.)

Submission Deadline Extension: While the submission deadline remains June 8th for now, please note that this could change depending on the number of participants. We want to ensure that everyone has ample time to submit their entries, so stay tuned for any updates on the deadline.

Format Change: We've also adjusted the format of the contest.

Single Round: Instead of three rounds, the Prose Pioneer Contest will now have only one round. This change will streamline the contest process and allow us to focus on quality over quantity.

Participant Limit: We've reduced the number of participants from 30 to 15 for now. However, if enough people apply, we can keep the participant limit at 30. So, spread the word and encourage your fellow writers to join!

We're incredibly excited to see the incredible stories and poems that you all have to share! Remember, the Prose Pioneer Contest is not just about winning—it's about celebrating the beauty and power of words and connecting with fellow writers.

Stay tuned for more updates, and get ready to embark on this literary adventure with us!

Happy writing!
Gwen Galaxia
Prose Pioneer Contest Host