Maura's response was filled with warmth and affection, her own excitement evident as she admitted to feeling a bit lonely without Jane by her side. "I'm so glad you called, Jane," she confessed, her voice soft and reassuring. "I've missed you too."

As they spoke, their conversation flowed effortlessly, filled with laughter and affection as they shared their hopes and dreams for the future. They reaffirmed their love for each other, their excitement for the wedding day that awaited them just hours away.

— — —

As the first rays of sunlight filtered through the curtains, Maura's eyes fluttered open, anticipation bubbling up inside her like a wellspring of excitement. Today was the day she would marry the love of her life, and she couldn't wait to begin this new chapter together.

With a smile on her lips, Maura rose from bed and made her way to the kitchen, eager to start the day off right with a healthy breakfast. She prepared a spread of fresh fruit, yogurt, and granola, savoring each bite as she fueled her body for the long day ahead.

Maura took a moment to collect herself, closing her eyes and taking a deep breath to calm her nerves. She knew that today would be a whirlwind of emotions, but she was ready to embrace every moment of it, knowing that at the end of the day, she would be marrying the woman of her dreams.

As the sun began to peek through the curtains, Jane stirred from her sleep, greeted by Beacon's enthusiastic tail wagging and playful barks. A smile tugged at her lips as she reached down to ruffle the pup's fur, her heart warmed by the love and excitement in her furry companion's eyes.

Feeling the pre-wedding jitters creeping in, Jane knew she needed an outlet to calm her nerves and clear her mind. With Beacon eagerly by her side, she decided a morning run would be just the thing to start the day off on the right foot.

Quickly slipping into her running gear, Jane leashed up Beacon and headed out the door, the crisp morning air invigorating her senses as they set off on their route. As they pounded the pavement together, Jane felt the tension melting away with each step, replaced by a sense of clarity and focus.

With Beacon's bounding energy fueling her own, Jane pushed herself to go a little further, a little faster, her worries fading into the background as she immersed herself in the rhythm of the run. The world seemed to fall away around her, leaving only the steady beat of her footsteps and the sound of Beacon's excited panting beside her.

As they rounded the final stretch of their route, Jane felt a sense of exhilaration coursing through her veins, her mind clear and her spirits lifted.

As Jane entered the door, Angela's voice greeted her, already bustling with the energy of the day. With a mixture of surprise and protest, Jane tried to reason that the wedding was still hours away, but Angela's careful explanation quickly clarified the situation.

"Jane, darling, I know the wedding isn't until later, but we need to get you to the venue for your hair, makeup, and photos," Angela explained, her tone gentle but firm. "Maura will be occupied with her own preparations for quite some time, and we need you there to handle any last-minute details and ensure everything runs smoothly."

Realizing the importance of being present at the venue ahead of time, Jane relented with a nod, acknowledging the necessity of the situation. With a resigned sigh, she followed Angela's lead, heading straight for the shower to freshen up and prepare for the busy day ahead.

As the warm water cascaded over her skin, Jane couldn't help but feel a surge of excitement mingled with a hint of nervousness. Today was the day she would marry the love of her life, and the realization filled her with a sense of awe and wonder.