Chapter 42

Elijah

Elijah

"This is a new season Elijah. This when the team considers extending your contract or not, also when companies start looking to endorse you. I know you won't let it get to you, so just focus on playing better than last season. Also you've made enough money now we need to get you a better car, especially with the little one" he nudged his head towards Ari who clapped her little hands to her show.

"I will consider that. Will you be okay with her?" I asked unsure I didn't trust her with anyone. But I needed to be on the court, I don't want to hire any nannies and leave her with them. "I will be alright with her. You should be able to see us amongst the crowd" Haru said. Haru was close to Priscilla so he was probably the only one I will let take care of Ari when am playing basketball him and Jude.

 Haru was close to Priscilla so he was probably the only one I will let take care of Ari when am playing basketball him and Jude

Walking through the tunnel with Ari in my arms. I kept my focus on her as camera lights flashed through the tunnel. Many called out my name, shocking. They were asking question that I see no need in answering. I greeted a few team staffs as I got by the locker room.

Ari held unto me shyly as people passed by gushing over her. "She's so cute" one of the female staffs for the team said as she passed by "thank you, say thank you Ari" 

"Tank ou" Ari said lowly hiding her face in my neck as the woman giggled "your welcome cutie" the lady said before going her way. I handed Ariana to Haru then went to the locker room to change for the game.

Now dressed in game gear I came back out. Ari reached her little hands for me, I grabbed her placing her on the floor she grabbed my hands as we walked into the court, her attention was immediately caught by a basketball that rolled towards her. She picked it up trying to bounce it almost hitting her face .

My teammates seemed to have taking a liking to her company as they paused their training to come say hello to her. I spent my time doing a specific drill while keeping an eye on her, a  series of behind the back dribbles while in a deep squat position almost like I was seating. This was to help with my balance and hand coordination's.

With tip off starting I grabbed Ari taking her to Haru. "I have to go princess, you need to stay with uncle Haru for a while so I need you to be good okay" she puffed her cheeks nodding, "kiss kiss" her little fingers tapped against the left side of her cheek I kissed her cheek, she tapped her other cheek asking for a kiss and I kissed her right cheek as well. She happily squealed tapping her nose as well I kissed her nose, then both eyelids and the finally her forehead according to her request. This was something we did, She would tap either her nose, eyelids or cheeks for a kiss and laugh when I did so.