Penelope led her to the front door, as Colin spoke,"Pen are you and Debling a thing?"

Penelope smiled,"Friends? Yes."

"No I meant are you guys seeing each other?" Penelope laughed, he was starting to sound like Eloise. "No, he's a good friend. Speaking of which how did you persuade Eloise again?"

"After she saw the blog she was confused but she believed the blog to be true, she said you fancied him at the wedding. And I told her I was trying to make amends with you the night of the wedding, which is not a lie," he smiled mischievously. He then leaned down, "So you don't fancy Debling?"

Penelope can tell now he was jealous and being playful at the same time," And what if I do?" She koied.

"Hmm," he moved to her ear," Are you sure about that?" Then looked her in the eyes. He leaned down, Colin was craving her for so long he was trying to hold back from touching her. As she leaned further in he pulled away,"Pen, I hope you have a goodnight."

He was fighting against his will to leave but he knew he needed to before it becomes much heated.

*knock knock*

"Pen? I know you're in there, if you don't let me in I will knock until your neighbors complain. And you know I will."

Both Colin and Penelope were terrifed, Eloise was here at the late of the hour.

"Coming," Penelope called as Colin went to hide.

-

"Eloise, it's late."

"You never go out late so I knew you would be home, I guaranteed it," Eloise walks in as if she owned the flat.

Penelope was internally freaking out, she didn't see Colin and no idea where he hid. "I'm not leaving until we talk? Here I thought you were with Colin, and you were actually with Debling? Explains perfectly well we didn't see each other this week, he's taking up your time," Eloise went on.

Her best friend was clearly upset but she couldn't lie to her, she looked over to the kitchen she can see Colin's foot sticking out as Eloise paced in her living room.

"I'm spending the night, you owed it to me," Eloise said as she was about to head to her bedroom, "I'll explain everything in summary. I did in fact had a long day Eloise," Penelope said.

"Ow," Penelope fake yelped. Eloise came running to her, "Are you okay?" Penelope rubbled her belly,"I'm hurting a little I think,"Colin can hear her faking the incident he was trying not to chuckle loudly. "Can you help me to the restroom, I might need- ohhh I wonder if it was cookies I snacked on earlier."

Eloise helped Penelope over to the living room,"I'll look for it, you can stay here." Eloise went straight to the bathroom, the only one in the flat was in her bedroom. "What am I looking for?" Eloise Called. Colin rushed out from behind the kitchen island and Penelope looked over to him, "I'm off," he whispered, "hopefully you feel better," he encouraged and nodded before quietly leaving through the front door leaving Penelope to glow in happiness.

-

Penelope Featherington's Silky Cami & Cardigan

Colin Bridgerton sneaking off to Penelope's