𝟹𝟹. ᴍᴏᴘɪɴɢ.

Start from the beginning

"No."

I knew why he was doing this. He's trying to flaunt that he was right; throwing it in my face that he told me to let Annabelle know countless times but I refused.

"I swear I'm going to murder you," I growl and he just beams. "If you let out any annoying shit out of your mouth again, I'd fucking kill you."

He shrugs, "Well I might be annoying but at least I have a girlfriend unlike someone." he taunts, jerking his thumb towards me  and it takes all the willpower in me to stop myself from taking the gun in my drawer to shoot him.

"I swear to every living thing, I'd sk—"

My intercom buzzed making me feel bad all over again.

I miss Annabelle so much.

"Yes?"

"Good afternoon sir," the receptionist greets with panic. "You have guests..."

"And?" I snap with irritation.

"I tried my best to stop them but they're on their way up already."

"Thanks for the useless information."

I slam the phone down again, getting on my feet and ignoring the curious stares of both Dante and Kristen.

Someone knocks on my office door and I narrow my eyes at whoever was at the other side.

The door opens, revealing Mateo and Arianna making a small smile creep up my face.

Seeing them right now made me realize how long it's been since I saw my friend and his girlfriend.

I saw Arianna protruding belly first before her face came into view, a large smile on her face.

Mateo appeared beside his girlfriend, his eyes like chips of dark hazel ice as they roved over my disheveled appearance.

"What the fuck happened to you?" he asks with a frown, not even bothering to greet me or anything.

"Nothing." I reply, ignoring him as I give Arianna a hug with his eyes on us.

"Let me give you an hint," Dante pipes up, even though the conversation doesn't concern him. "He's going through a breakup."

Mateo looks at Dante, then me, back to Dante then to me before letting out a loud laugh.

Sometimes I hate my friends.

"I…I never knew the day you'd mop over any girl would come—" Mateo bellows, gripping Arianna for support and she just smacks his hand away.

"What are you doing here anyway?" I ask.

"We were in the area. I'm sorry," Arianna speaks up, sympathy and curiosity all over his face. "but what happened?"

"I thought you've always said love was an useless and unnecessary emotion, Blackwell." Mateo continues, not giving me the chance to respond her as he motions for Arianna to seat on the empty seat. "Now you're moping?" he wipes his imaginary tears, carrying his girlfriend's bag. "They grow up so fast."

My teeth ground in frustration, a migraine was forming at the front of my head.

"You even said it the last time we saw each other." Mateo grins, putting his hands in his pockets.

"But the last time he saw us was at the rescue, how—"

"Sorry to interrupt," Kristen says with an high pitched voice. "But are you—no fucking way."

"Yes she is." Dante whispers to her, an equally happy expression on his face.

"What?" Mateo asks, his expression unreadable.