Chapter 17 - My Hero ❤️

Start from the beginning

"I don't think it's very romantic for a date, having a picnic in a park. Come on..." He shakes his head. “How did they come up with that?”

"It seems very romantic to me instead!" I protest. “It's something couples do!”

"It's so obvious. I don't know in which movie you saw something like that but..."
He stops to look at me for a moment before bursting into laughter.
"It's your idea!!!" His eyes widen and he covers his mouth with one hand to keep himself from laughing out loud. "I knew it! You suggested it!"

I'm hating him.
Did I say I liked him?
I'm taking it all back!!!

I glare at him, crossing my arms as he continues to laugh even harder.
“Oh God, Jo!” He continues laughing "You're a spectacle!"
I don't know whether to be offended or flattered by his statement.
"I don't understand your aversion to picnics, really!" I snort crossing my arms.
“I'm not laughing because of this!” He takes a breath "It's funny that you set this up!"
"If you don't want to go out with me, Hardin, all you had to do was say it, you know? I can't take it!"
Or maybe just a little.
"I would do anything for my Tessa!" He wraps both arms around my shoulders and pulls me towards him.
I end up on his chest and breathe in his scent deeply.
It's a wonderful drug.
For a moment I even forget that I hate him.
"What's inside the wicker basket?" He asks curiously trying to peek.
His voice rumbles in my chest, while we are still hugging each other.
I close my eyes, sighing, before lifting my head to look at him.
“Ah, so now you suddenly care?” I pat his chest "There are toads and grasshoppers!" I make fun of him.
His surprised and disgusted face at the same time should be framed.
"You're crazy! I'm really curious to see how you thought of shooting a scene like that. Can I know in advance or is that a surprise too?"
"Improvisation Mr. Tiffin, improvisation!!!" I break away from him, walk past him and head towards the enormous lawn in front of us.
We spread the blanket and place the picnic basket in the center.
I motion for him to sit down and he, still giggling, complies with me.
What's so funny?
I filled the basket with only a bunch of grapes, the only fruit I found on the breakfast buffet this morning. A huge basket of red grapes.
The alternative would have been slices of salami and that didn't seem like much of an idea to me.
We'll make do. After all, we just have to pretend to eat.
"Let's get started then..." He whispers, giggling as he lies down on the blanket.
I immediately reach him and lie down next to him.
We remain silent and observe the park where they took us.
There aren't many people around and this calm is relaxing.
Soon we lose ourselves in a kind of bubble of our own. As usual.
"I could almost fall asleep!" Hero says with his eyes closed in a whisper.
I observe him, relaxed and happy, an explosive mix if you add the fact that he is drop dead gorgeous.
“Look at all the cameras there are down there!” He points in front of us.
There will be at least 10 people coming and going frantically, chatting amongst themselves as they set up their equipment.
I have no idea what exactly they're doing, but it's interesting to watch.
"You think we won't notice when they start recording scenes?" I ask, continuing to watch the crew at work.
"I have no idea. For all we know, they may have already started recording!" He shrugs nonchalantly. “Jenny said to be ourselves, right?”
I nod and turn to look him in the eyes.
I'm really good at pretending there's something between us.
"If we have to act like a couple...Close your eyes"
I look at him questioningly but then do as he asked.
It makes me laugh because I don't know what the cost is. I feel it as it moves next to me.
“Okay, now you can watch!” He chuckles.
There's a huge bunch of grapes in front of my eyes and Hero waves it in my face in amusement.