A fathers love

She was his little girl, his first born daughter. You'd think she'd be the world to him and she was for a bit but things were tough. Her father's dad had passed away the year before and her dad was still heavily grieving. He drank, vodka shots in the morning, brandy in his tea and Shandy the rest of the day. He was also an ill man on many medications.

When tillie was a very young girl her father adored her, she was everything and more but that soon fell apart. Tillies younger brother was born and the attention shifted to him. As they grew together Tillie and Ben( her brother) were close. They played games and were sneaky kids. Their dad favored Ben, he would be taken on the drives and would be daddy's little helper.

Tillie and her father started drifting apart, they now argued all the time. a battle of who was going to get the last word. Her father would striker her down with his words cutting and carving into her heart in a way she never thought was possible.

Throughout this her mother was usually quiet, born from a foreign country she didn't have friends or relatives here, and given my father's connection with his family neither did he. He had friends but they weren't nice friends, just pub friends.

Her mother tried relentless to make the kids lives good, she attempted to protect them from their fathers darkness but it was an almost impossible task.

By 7, tillie was welcoming another sibling into the world, her little sister PJ. Pj brought peace to the home for like maybe a year before their father became rowdy and cruel again. By this time they had moved homes so the kids had moved schools.

Tillies life just went downhill from there, her and her father never got on now, he would say things that would make her uncomfortable, he would tell her she was getting bigger and she ate too much. Tillies mental health began dwindling. She also didn't have many friends in school and was bullies so her fathers hatred didn't help. She was stuck, wishing to be at home when at school but also wishing to be at school when at home.

Tillie would her and see her parents arguments most nights, her father treated her mother with the utmost disrespect and disregard for her feelings,more than anyone else she had ever known. Sje would try and. Ake them stop for the sake of her siblings but they never would. She thought being loved meant also being hated. This is what she grew up on. This is what she knew.

Going into high school, tillie was a mess, she has suicidal ideals, she hurt herself and she was a very toxic pathological liar. It caused her massive problems not only at school but at home. Her and her dad were basically at a breaking point. Then covid hit.

Tillie basically hid in her room, her father barely ever leaving his, they didn't talk much and when they did it was an argument. The year dragged on and then 2021 rolled around. Her father got sent away and she got to experience freedom,life,being herself and it's something she never ever thought she would get.

Her relationship with her mum and sibling slowly got better over time and a few years later her and her father manage to have conversations over the phone. When he comes back she doesn't know what she'll do,but forgiving him? Not on the list.