:))

"10 bucks says one of us won't make it out alive." His voice was a little unsure, but still a hint of tease.

We both stand looking down at the abyss at our feet. Knowing this could either end in a good or bad way.

"Yeah.." I mumble quietly.

"I wish it's you who dies tho, I intend to live a much longer life, so far so good." He pesters further.

I stay quiet looking down. "I wish that too." I add.

Waves of tranquillity wash past us as the serene atmosphere consumes us.

"But what if it's you?" I look up at him only to realise he's been looking at me the entire time.

"Well, then tell my friends to suck it. And that I had a great life with them." He shrugs casually as I nod.

"What if it's you? Who do I tell? Oh, my bad-" He laughs "You don't have anyone alive who cares about you."

He was just being his usual self, the barbaric, rustic guy he's always been.

Why do I expect some emotions from him anyway? He's just merely another guy who hates me.

"Well, then tell yourself that you're not as terrible as you think you are," I speak, my voice placid.

"No, I'm much worse." He smirks.

"And that you'll be fine." I add.

"I've always been." He reciprocates.

"This is it then," I look back down at the dark hole. Preparing myself to die at any given moment. At this point, I had nothing to lose.

"I'm quite curious for a guy who is about to die, but what if this was our last meet?" He speaks up.

"Then? You'd be happy right? Like you've clearly mentioned." I respond, a little salty. I never did like him very much anyway.

"Oh my, it would be the best day of my life." He smiles wide expressing his mirth. "Wouldn't have to drag your whiny self everywhere."

"While that's true, you have to admit, I'm fun being around." I joke, trying to keep my tears at bay.

"Please- you're the most annoying and hardest person to deal with." He denies waving his hand.

"Not even a little bit?" I push for an answer just for the validation I was seeking.

"Well," he looks up pretending to think. "No." He answers with a straight face.

"Fine." I reply hiding the disappointment in my voice. "Let's get this done with." I pull my jacket together bracing myself.

"Calm down young woman. You're in a little too much hurry for someone who has a fifty per cent chance of dying." He chuckles running fingers through his hair.

"What do you want me to do? Have a small talk with you?" I furrow my brows.

"Well, you could answer my question." He shrugs.

I huff rolling my eyes. "What question?"

"If this is really the last time we're seeing each other, don't you have anything to say?" He steps closer next to me, probably preparing to jump in.

I stand there in mere silence, in what feels like forever, I finally come up with something.

Turning towards him, I smile a little.

"It was nice while it lasted," I confess.

He looks at me, almost in surprise but wouldn't let it reflect. Looking away, he scoffs a little to himself.

"If you think I'm going to save you because you said something nice, you're wrong, ginger." He adds.

I laugh shaking my head. "It's alright." I turn to him. "Saving me wasn't your job anyway."

It almost looked like he wasn't expecting that. His brows knitted together as I look away and step a little closer to the edge.

"You didn't hear mine." He says immediately.

"Go ahead," I say without looking at him.

A moment of pause and then he speaks.

"Out of all the foes I've had, you're the best one." I could hear the smirk in his voice.

"It was a nice ride with all the mean things we said to each other because I surely did fighting with you." He adds.

"Mm.." I hum quietly. A tear surfaces my eyes as I quickly blink it away.

"So yeah.." He steps forward. Now right next to me, looking down at the pitch-black darkness.

"It was nice while it lasted."

And with that, we jump.