5. "Do you want to become a Demon Slayer?"

There he is. The master.

I dont know how to act. Should i bow? Should i even say anything? God, why am i so nervous?! Theres probably no need to be nervous. Right..?

"H-Hello Master. I've heard a lot about you, and its an honor to meet you."

Oh god, am i talking too much?! What the hell am i even saying? i'm so stupid!

I look at him, and i finally notice his face. The Upper part of his face is covered in a purple Texture. Is this a illness..? But wait.. How come i haven't noticed it until this moment? I guess his voice made me feel like i'm in another world.. I shouldnt stare tho..

"You probably wonder why you're here."

God damn, how can a voice sound THAT calm?! How is that possible?

I suddenly realize that i haven't given him a answer yet.

"I-i am sorry! I uh.. Yes, i do wonder why i am here. If its not a burden, could you explain to me why i am here?"

His smile is just as comforting as his voice. I can't help but keep admiring him.

"Very well, Y/n. I will now explain to you, why you are here. You already know about the Demon Slayers. You also know about Demons. And i know, how much suffering those demons brought into your life. Therefore, i have a offer for you. That's why you are here."

I suddenly feel surprised. An offer..? For me? I wonder what this offer could be. I have absolutely no clue.

"If i may ask.. what may this offer be?"

"Y/n. Do you want to become a Demon Slayer?"

I am absolutely caught off guard. I should become a demon slayer? Why me?

"I uh.. You want me to-.. i should-.. what?"

"Only if you want, of course. I understand how this question might cause you to be surprised. I dont expect you to answer this in such a shorf ammount of time. Please Take your time to think this through."

How? Why? I cant be a Demon Slayer! I can barely walk up more than 10 stairs! How on earth am i supposed to slay demons?

"Sir- i mean master.., you have my respect for offering me this. But i dont think that i am compatible for this kind of work. I dont think that my body is made for things like this. I dont even know how to hold a sword.."

"That's a very common thing i've heard. Many people told me that. A few months later, they became a demon slayer. You can do this. There is nothing you can't do. You have to believe in yourself, Y/n. Yes, you might not know how to handle a sword. But i already have someone in mind, who could train you. All you have to do, is to decide."

Once again, i am caught off guard. He really seems to have thought through this.  Should i really become a demon slayer..? To take revenge? For my family?

"I wanna become a Demon Slayer!"

I suddenly burst out those words. Oh god, was that rude? Was that too fast? Was that Stupid?

Instead of being surprised, he just keeps smiling. He doesnt seem surprised.

"Very well. In that case, you'll be training under one of the Hashiras."

My eyes widen. I can't believe i'll be training under a hashira! I suddenly start stuttering.

"U-under a h-hashira..? a-are you certain that this is right..? I mean- i uh.."

"Yes. Is there a problem?"

My eyes are still wide. A hashira?! Someone like me? Under a god damn hashira?!

"I uh.. No, that's not a problem.. Not at all.. but.. When will i meet that hashira..?"

His smile grows a little, until he says something that makes my blood freeze in a mere second.

"He's already here."