⟣Chapter 120

⟣•120•⟢
: I OPENED A CLINIC IN THE APOCALYPSE

• • •
TL: Moonlit

Several military vehicles left the north city gate and immediately split into two directions after leaving the city. One team went to Li City, while the other team headed towards the battlefield in the east.

Indeed, Xu Shengfei was dead; otherwise, the zombies wouldn’t have lost control. However, even in death, her body held valuable secrets. If they could extract the virus used to create zombies from her body and find a way to control them, it could potentially herald a new era for humanity.

Xu Shengfei was of utmost importance, and they had to find her corpse.

However, when they arrived at the battlefield, all they found was the severely mutilated body of Lin Wenjie and some emaciated zombie corpses. They searched the entire area but couldn’t find Xu Shengfei’s body.

A burly man nearly 2 meters tall stood with his arms crossed, adorned with blue tattoos that covered his neck. Only his face remained clean. He had short, yellow hair and muscular arms, wearing a vest that showcased his bulging muscles.

“Are you sure that woman is really dead?” He spoke fluent English.

Xiang Xichen’s expression was grim. “We are certain.”

Barrett sneered, “You said that woman was powerful? So easily taken down, is that what you call ‘strong’?”

Xiang Xichen stared coldly at him, but Barrett arrogantly lifted his chin, standing before Xiang Xichen like an imposing wall that could suppress anyone through sheer force.

Xiang Xichen had no intention of getting into a fight with him. Both sides were still in a cooperative relationship, and they couldn’t afford to create conflicts. “Given the current situation, it’s highly likely that the body has been taken away.”

Barrett, towering like an iron tower, remained in place. “So you’re saying we made this trip for nothing?”

Xiang Xichen shrugged. It seemed they had indeed come here in vain. After all, the body was nowhere to be found.

Xiang Xichen got into the car, preparing to leave, but Barrett grabbed the door.

Exerting his strength, Xiang Xichen couldn’t match Barrett. “I’ll say it again, the body is gone.”

Barrett’s face contorted in anger. “I’m starting to suspect that you’re playing us.”

Xiang Xichen replied, “If you have any issues, talk to our captain. I can’t conjure up a body.”

Getting these people to lend a hand would undoubtedly come at a high cost. Half of the price was supposed to be Xu Shengfei’s body, which they planned to bring back for research. Unfortunately, they couldn’t find the body, so they might have to pay an additional price. Xiang Xichen didn’t have the authority to decide that.

Barrett glared at Xiang Xichen with an unfriendly gaze but ultimately gave up and followed Xiang Xichen back.

When Yin Chengrui and his team arrived in Li City, they were stunned by the scene before them—a massive wooden box.

“Wow, the base you set up outside is quite unique.” A red-haired man couldn’t help but whistle.

Yin Cheng knew there were many zombies on this side, and they couldn’t wait any longer, so he brought his team to take a look. Little did he expect it to turn out like this!

The entire building was sealed off with wooden walls!

There was no doubt that the person who could do something like this was Wen Qingling!