chapter 23

TEAM POV

"that was so delicious," I said after taking my last bite.

"Right, Ai'team," Simai replied.

"So, you want me to visit your family resort in Chiang Mai?" I asked.

"Why? Are you going somewhere?" I added.

"Yes, I have to go to the US and meet some of my parents' business partners."

I look at him seriously, wondering how important this event really is.

"Is it truly necessary? I mean, you've never attended an event like this before,' I asked."

I've known Simai since our first year of college, and I know his background, but I've never seen him go to an event like that. When we were in college, he used to run off when his parents would send a car with some bodyguards to pick him up.

"Ai'team, that was before. You know we used to play around. I'm grown up now; I can't do that anymore. Can I?" he said.

I agree with him. Growing up, I realized it comes with its own set of challenges and responsibilities that we didn't have to deal with when we were young. I remember when I used to dream about being adults so I could do whatever I wanted. But now that we're grown up, it's not all fun and games.

I've got things to handle, chores to do, and a bunch of other stuff that takes up my time. Sometimes I miss the days when we could just be lazy and not worry about anything.

"So, is that okay with you? I mean, you're busy with your shop," he looked at me, waiting for me to answer.

"Yeah, sure. I could use that to take some time off from all the stress. I'd be glad."

It's been a long time since I've taken a vacation. It's not necessary for me to take care of my business every day. I just have to check on it sometime. I also have some people to take care of it.

"By the way, why? Is there a problem in your resort?" I said, then I drank some fruit shake left.

"There isn't, it just needs some checking. I want to know how things are going there."

"Oh, okay. Then I'll come next week."

"Alright, it's settled. I want to ask the others, but they're too busy to meet with me," he said, then leaned on his chair.

"I doubt they're going to be free. Pretty sure they're bored as hell now, sitting on their chairs checking papers," I replied.

"Yeah, they're definitely busy, but Earth is just busy chilling. Have you seen his post?" he asked and showed me his phone with pictures of Earth.

"Oh, he probably visits his parents," I said.

"Visit? My ass, he's with Santa."

"But his parents live there, right? He probably introduced Santa to his parents."

"What do you mean, Team?" he asked, looking confused.

"Don't you know they're together? I mean, I don't know if it's official, but they've been dating since the third year," I replied.

"I know there was something off about those two, but I didn't know they were actually dating," he said.

I took a deep breath. "Well, seeing Santa with Earth in his hometown makes me think that way."

"Right, we'll just ask him when he's back. I should go now," he said, fixing his things.

"Yeah, we've been here for too long," I said.

"Do you have other plans for later?"

"It's just the same. Go to the club then home," I replied.

"I'll just get the check, then we go," I added.

"Okay."