chapter 17

[back 17 years ago]

Next week

Win just came home from the mall. He went to hang out with his friends.

"Mom, I'm back." He said.

"Where did you go?" His mom ask.

"I went to mall mom with Dean."

"You always hang out with Dean, you know your dad and his dad are enemies."

"Mom, that's has nothing to do with us. Also Dean is a good friend."

"Do what you want, And why my son smiling? You've been like this since yesterday, no I think since last week." His mom asked curiously.

"It's nothing mom. Can't I smile everyday?" He replied jokingly.

"Not me Phawin, I'm your mother. I know if something happening. Tell it to me." His mom said. She comes close to win who's in living room sitting.

"Mom, it's really nothing." He said. He can see from his mother look, she doesn't look convince.

"Okay, okay. I'll tell you." He said.

"Last week when I was going home from school, I met a boy. We bumped into each other. I was really freez by the time I looked at him."

"You know mom, I feel like the Time stop for a moment. I just stared at him. My heart beats so fast and I feel like I'm gonna have heart attack" Win add. Win is smiling while telling his story.

"Then?" His mom replied. She's listening carefully to his son.

"Since then I couldn't forget him. So I look for him. I found out he also go in my school. I'm older than him so we're in different building but I always sneak out." He said. He looks at his mom to see what her reaction.

"Phawin when did I teach you to do that?" His mom said.

"Not you mom, it's Dean. Haha" he said then laugh.

"You!"

"Just kidding, I'm only sneaking out when it's break time or when class is done." He replied.

"Then let me continue. So when I sneak to see him I'd always brought foods for him then left it to his chair. What I'm shocked about mom is he always eat what I gave to him." He said. His mom just looking at him while his telling his story.

"What shocked about that? If someone gave me food, I'll eat it too." His mom reply.

"Even though you don't know where it came from?"

"Yeah, Maybe." Win just laugh at his mom reply.

"And the funny part mom is if I gave him a flowers or letter he would always throw it."

"If I'm him, I'd do the same haha" his mom said. She laugh.

"Why so mom?"

"do you still need to ask? I'd prefer food. why would I accept the flowers or the letter, I don't even know who's the admirer?"

"Yeah, that's right. What if the food has a poison?"

"Phawin you asked too much." His mom said.

"Haha, I'm just asking mom. Why need to be annoyed?" Win just laugh at his mom face who looks annoyed.

"Mom, I think I'm in love with him." He said. Win wanna know what his mom reaction will be.

"Then go, confess to him." She smile.

Win looks at his mom.
"Mom, aren't you mad?"

"Mad? Why would I be mad?" His mom asked confusedly.

"Cause I like boy. I'm not normal."

"Not normal? What do you mean? Son When it comes to love everyone can loved whoever they want, no matter what gender it is, And it's very normal son."

"Love has no gender, you're free to love whoever you want Phawin. Loving a man or a woman or lesbian whatever it is I don't see difference. Because Love is Love. It's your heart who choose who you love." His mom said. She smile to his son.

"Phawin always remember this. You don't fall in love with the gender, you fall in love with a person."

Win was so lost in words. He can't explain how happy he was hearing what his mom said.
"Mom..." He hugged his mom.

"You are the best mom in the world!" He said.
His mom just smiled.

"Phawin, if you ever think that there's something wrong with you, don't because there's nothing wrong with you. You are just like the other people, you loved like them."

"If being a gay was a choice, so what? People too choose to be asshole, And they can get married. " His mom said. Phawin just laugh.

"Mom, I'm lucky you're my mom." He said. And smiled.

"No, Phawin. I'm the one who's so lucky to have you as my son." Win smiled to her son.

"Mom..." Win hugged his mom.

"Thank you." His mom hugged him back.

"𝑀𝑦 ℎ𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝑚𝑎𝑑𝑒 𝑖𝑡𝑠 𝑐ℎ𝑜𝑖𝑐𝑒, 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑖𝑡 𝑐ℎ𝑜𝑠𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢."
-𝒶ℯ𝓈𝓉ℯ𝓊𝓉𝒾𝒸ℯ