<3

(thing w @Ikashe 's ocs. lmk if anything is ooc or just out of place)
((This is super duper short ajsndndnnd)

"Fin, I can hear you thinking."

Snapped out of his thoughts, he blinked, eyes darting to his girlfriend. "What?"

Amory looked like she was repressing a laugh, her smile growing wider. "Are you nervous about dinner?" she said and signed, leaning closer.

"No." The word was out of Finley's mouth before they even realized they were speaking, and their cheeks quickly turned red. "Well, maybe. It's just─ y'know, I wanna make a good impression."

"On my family?"

"I mean, yeah. Basically the most important people in your life. I just want them to like me, I guess."

Amory's smile turned into one less teasing and more genuine. "They love you already, I've told them so much about you." she spoke softly, placing her hand over his. "You're like, the sweetest person I know. It's impossible to not like you."
Finley's gaze softened as well, and he turned his hand to lace their fingers together. "You think so?"

"I know so." Amory said with a nod.

There was a comfortable silence that settled between them for a few moments, both of them gazing at each other. Finley stared down at their hands, contemplating something for a moment. "Do you think I should at least get changed into something... less casual?" she finally asked, glancing up at Amory. "Maybe like, a nicer shirt or something."

Amory's response was immediate. "No, no! I like what you're wearing now!" she signed as quick as she spoke. "It's just dinner at my house, not some fancy party."

"I mean, yeah," Finley said, her cheeks flushing a little. "I smell like outside, though."

"Maybe that's because we're outside?" she grinned, chuckling as she dodged their hand swatting at her. "Just be yourself, alright? You'll do fine."

Finley smiled back, feeling a little bit calmer. He heard a vibration from his backpack and pulled out his phone, unlocking it and seeing a message from his mom. "Ah, I should probably head home soon, my mom wants me back."

"Oh," Amory replied, her smile faltering. "Is everything okay? Will you still be able to make it?"

"Yeah, yeah," He reassured her, even though it was only partially true. "I could sneak out later. I'll be there, and I'll be bearing gifts." he smirked, standing and reaching down to help her up. "You ready to go?"

She took their hand and nodded, rising to her feet. They walked hand in hand, the setting sun casting orange and pink light on their path back. Once they got to Amory's apartment building she gave her a kiss goodbye and headed inside.

Now they just had to get through dinner without a hitch.

(I should've gone to bed but I thought of this and made it instead <3)