Idk what to name this

(Everyone is in their early to mid twenties here. Stuff happens. New character cameo ?)

Footsteps light and swift, Gaven made his way through the streets, hood down and guard up. He peered into the alleyway, watching over his shoulder before going in and checking the coordinates on his holo. He was definitely in the right place.

He took in his surroundings before pulling down his hood and propping his hands on his hips. "You can come out now."

Another hooded figure dropped down from above, light as a feather and landing in a crouched position. Gaven turned to face him.

Kayana pulled his hood down and practically enveloped Gaven in a hug with a huge smile plastered on his face. It felt like the older had gotten even taller, but that was impossible because they'd only been apart for a couple months. Gaven couldn't fight back the small smile that formed on his lips, returning the embrace.

"I missed you so much," Kayana breathed, his cheek pressed to Gaven's.

Gaven lightly chuckled, his heart pounding with strange relief and excitement. "I missed you, too. And I've got much to tell you." He pulled away and Kayana leaned in to kiss him. Gaven held him back with his hands on his chest. Kayana looked at him with a confused frown.

"Not here. Let's get to the ship." He gestured to the exit of the alley.

Kayana looked like he wanted to protest but refrained from doing so. He nodded and they headed to the ship. Veska was currently the only one present, as Gia and Sera had not yet returned. When they arrived she looked up from her datapad and greeted Gaven with a hug.. "It's good to see you again," she said, smiling.

"You, too," Gaven nodded, and Veska made her way over to the holotable.

Gaven took off his jacket, and Kayana's eyes grew wide. Gaven tilted his head and looked down at his black armor, feeling it was much more appropriate to his new occupation. He smiled and looked back up at Kayana. "What?"

"Nothing," Kayana looked away, sheepishly scratching the back of his head. "Just... wasn't expecting the new look." He softly chuckled, face turning red.

Gaven smirked. "Oh really?" He took Kayana's hands, looking him in the eye.

"Really. It's a good look on you."

Gaven's cheeks tinted just a bit, and his eyes flickered to Kayana's lips. Veska looked between the two and cleared her throat, raising a brow.

"I don't mean to interrupt, but we have important matters to attend to." She pulled up a layout on the holotable, swiping through it. "There are a couple of leads we're trying to pursue."

"Yes, of course," Kayana said, pulling Gaven by the hand to the table. "We might've found the location of the fugitives."

"That's perfect, we should get started right away." Gaven looked at Kayana and Veska, who didn't seem as sure of themselves as him.

"Right now we're spread pretty thin. We were gonna wait for the others to return, and we still don't have all the information. Our intel could be false." She looked over at Kayana, who nodded.

Gaven stared at the hologram of the layout, pursing his lips and crossing his arms. "We may not have that much time. We can't just─"

Veska's comm pinged, and she pressed a button, lowering the ship ramp. Gaven turned around and was surprised to find Arlo and Lysandri.

Arlo was the first to hug him, and Gaven returned the embrace. He smiled warmly and looked over his brother's shoulder, nodding at Lysandri. They removed their mask and nodded in return, then went to greet Veska. Arlo looked up at Gaven while he held his shoulders. "You look so different, it feels like it's been years."