Chapter 12 - Boyfriend Is Probihited

I stopped running out of exhaustion and took a big breath. When I looked at Woohyun, I realized that I was still holding his hand and quickly took mine off.

"I'm sorry," I whispered.

I ran with a embarrassed look towards the classroom doorway, leaving Woohyun with a confused expression on his face. Once I was inside the classroom, I quickly sat down at my seat, feeling embarrassed and ashamed for my action

Woohyun quickly entered the classroom and sat down beside me. The awkwardness was palpable, and I could feel the tension between us. I was afraid that he might notice how embarrassed I was feeling.

At that moment, Woohyun asked, "Why did you run?"

I responded in a way that was vague and unconvincing, "It's complicated."

I really just ran because my friend might have killed him, and I didn't want to deal with that kind of drama because of missunderstanding...

"Woohyun looked at me with a smirk and said, "You're interesting..." I was frozen and slowly looked at him, not knowing what to say.

Suddenly, I felt a vibration in my phone and took it out to check the message. It was from a group chat with the title "Six Walkie Talkies Chick 🐣"

Eun-Hyung's message read: "Dan-I, That foreigner kid I never saw him before. Is he clinging to you? If you're reluctant to tell him you don't like it, I'll do it myself."

Another message was sent...

Eun-Hyung: "I guess you have a new friend. Haera, the one who's been holding your hand, looks like a delinquent if he's still chasing after you. If that's the case I'll deal with him too, since I know you're too kind to avoid him. You should come and soothe Yeoryeong, she's going crazy over there."

Ji-Ho: "Hey, Dan-I, Haera, Yeo-Ryeong has gone nuts, like batshit crazy. She's flipped out."

Ju-In: Mom, Noona, I don't want a new dad and Also a Hyung?!!! If you get one I'll kill them!

Yeoryeong: "BOYFRIENDSARE PROBABLY PROHIBITEDIWANTTOKILLTHEMALLI'M SO MADHAERATHATMADHOLDINGYOUR HANDHE'SLOOKSLIKEABADBOYBECAUSE OFHOWHELOOKSANDTHATFOREIGNER KEEPSCLOSINGHISFACEREALLYCLOSEI'M SOMADI'MSOBLOODYANGERED,ITS UNBELIEVABLE!"

(With Spaces: "BOYFRIENDS ARE PROBABLY PROHIBITED. I WANT TO KILL THEM ALL. I'M SO MAD. HAERA THAT MAN HOLDING YOUR HAND. HE'S LOOKS LIKE A BAD BOY BECAUSE OF HOW HE LOOKS AND THAT FOREIGNER KEEPS CLOSING HIS FACE REALLY CLOSE. I'M SO MAD, I'M SO BLOODY ANGERED, ITS UNBELIEVABLE!")

I continued to check my messages and noticed that I got another one. However, this time, it was a private message from Chunyoung.

Chunyoung: If that delinquent boy is holding your hand and you don't like it, you should report it as sexual harassment.

They're overreacting so much. I thought, as I saw Da-I's reaction to the messages from the GC. She looked like she had read the messages, but Dan-I having new friends here and smiling which made me feel good because I knew it was destined to be like that.

I felt my anxiety rising within my body, and I was unsure why. What if a glitch happens again? Will I be able to return here? What if this whole story disappears before it's even completed?

"Kang Haera" Someone's voice called my name, causing me to flinch. I looked over to see that it was Woohyun. He asked me, "What's wrong with you? You seem anxious."

I shifted my gaze back to him and frowned, "Why are you looking at me like that?"

He smirked, "Where else should I be looking then? You're my seatmate." That's when I noticed that his fist was still bruised. I quickly took some ointment and bandage strips from my bag, which I always kept on hand for just such an occasion.