Chapter 7 - Summer Memories Pt 2

I spend most of my free time with Chunyoung. We share the same hobbies and music taste I never expected to ever have contact with him, but he approached me first, and we became friends.

Few days later, we finished our final exams and were enjoying our freedom. Chunyoung and I were listening to Xkin Park, everything was going smoothly until I noticed Chunyoung picking up a textbook and falling asleep at his desk.

"Hey your putting your face all over someone text book" I said but then I realize the owner of the text book will keep it as heirloom instead he so stunning...

But How can he fall asleep while listening to a song like this.... I though as I stared to him

Chunyoung was absolutely stunning. Even as he slept, his face was perfect in every detail. I watched him sleep, appreciating his beauty. The sudden sunlight illuminated his face, and I moved my hand quickly to shield him from it.

As I saw him open his eyes and looked at me, my heart skipped a beat. I couldn't move...

I tried to speak but a the girl interrupt me

"Hey Chunyoung can I talk to you for a minutes" said by the girl as she approached Chunyoung and shyly asked to talk to him. Chunyoung rose from his seat with a sigh, and he handed off the earphones to me. He turned his attention towards the girl, and said "Let's go outside first"

Suddenly I flinched as the girl glared at me, feeling as if I have interrupted something.

What's wrong with her I though

"No, wait..." The girl spoke and added "I Want to talk here" she said

The crowd froze, as I was stunned is she's gonna come fess her feelings infront of everyone is she such! she just acting out of impulse, without considering the consequences? I thought while staring at her

As the girl shouted "I LIKE YOU CHUNYOUNG PLEASE GO OUT WITH ME!"

After a moment, Chunyoung spoke slowly, "I'm sorry."

The girl's face fell, and she looked away from him, embarrassed for being rejected so publicly she clench her fist

"Why, why don't you like me?" She questioned Chunyoung avoid her gaze as the girl shouted

"Don't just stand there and answer me!!!"  she shouted as she added The girl sobbed hysterically as she yelled at Chunyoung.

She demanded an explanation and shouted, "Don't you hate me enough to immediately turn me down in front of all these people?"

Chunyoung spoke "I'm sorry," but avoided her gaze and looked down at the ground. The girl ran away to the classroom, still crying and wiping away her tears.

The other students around us talked quietly about Chunyoung's rejection of the girl. They seemed shocked by what had happened.

"Woah! He's freaking popular!" one boy said.
"Holy cow, she must be so humiliated!" another boy added.

I stared at Chunyoung, who looked guilty. Then, suddenly, the boy and the girl in front of my desk started chatting with me.

"No one is gonna ask him out for a while now" the boy said as the girl added "That was so cold, by the way that girl isn't she an upperclassmen? Poor thing she was rejected infront of all underclassmen" the boy agreed as  I listed to their conversation and spoke

"The girl is sick," I said in a calmer voice. "She's the one who wanted to confess her feelings here in front of everyone, Is she thinking that if she confessed publicly, Chunyoung would feel pressured to accept. She's not thinking the negative consequences she just thinking about the positive things... "

" That make sense" The boy added "Chunyoung looked cold-hearted when he rejected her, but you better be careful not to end up like her. You and Yeoryeong and Dan-I are the only girls that Chunyoung talks to."

I was stunned by this, but I smiled back and responded "I'm already being careful."

I felt like he had some interest in me based on the way he was talking about me, but I knew that he would never like me. Only Dan-I had his heart. But if I started to have interest for him, I must protect myself.

I was thinking deeply when I started to wear the earphones that Chunyoung had handed me. Suddenly, he removed them from my ears and asked "Haera, do you want to go to the convenience store?"

My eyes widened in surprise as I turn my head I saw Chunyoung presence as his face close to mine his eyes were only inches away from mine.

His sudden closeness made me panic a little, and I instinctively spoke up, saying "You're so close."

Chunyoung quickly apologized, standing up properly as well. He was aware that I felt embarrassed by how close he was, and he took a step back.

"So, you wanna go?" he asked, and I looked at him and agreeing to go with him.

///

We walked around, buying chocolate milkshake along the way. The whole time, I felt so awkward that I didn't know what to say. I decided to just stay silent and wait for him to lead the conversation. 

Suddenly, out of nowhere, he dropped a bomb on me, saying "I like you." I stopped walking, taken by complete surprise. But I know it's not confession at all.

He continued, adding "You're not interested in me, that's why I like you. You don't seem to expect anything from me, and I feel comfortable around you."

I rolled my eyes thinking He's already taken by Dan-i anyway. But it's scaring me, some of the scenes were stolen by me by accident. This scene was supposed to be for Dan-i...

"But I have one expectation from you." he continued, catching me off-guard again.

"What?" I asked, my curiosity piqued with his sudden addition.

"Be my friend" he said, as he added, "I know you don't expect anything from me, but I want us to be friends."

"We are already friends," I responded with smile

As the conversation continued, I became even more certain that I would never have feelings for him But still, a small part of me was worried that maybe something might happen in the future. But that was just my imagination running wild, right?

///

(3 YEARS LATER PRESENT)