Chapter 16

•THE PAST•

                     ♪♪♪♥♪♪♪
                     _KEAN_

A door bell rings. A woman in her late 30s opens it. She looks to her left, to her right. No one.

"Goo~Gaa.."

A baby's sound makes her look down she gasps as she bends down to pick up the baby from the cradle.

Kean was 12 months old when he was dropped off at the orphanage.

               ~

Playground in the Orphanage was never quite, loud kids running around and playing. But some kids just don't mind their own business.

They found joy in bullying others.

"Your eyes are Soo red! Did You kill your parents so the God gave you blood eyes?!"

A 6 years old kid with brown hair and black eyes, pointed at 6 years old Kean while laughing.  His 3 minions also laugh.

"Oh! I think some of his parents blood got in his eyes that why they are red!" His minions giggle.

"Guys! Look! He is glaring at me, oh my god! I might be his next victim!!" The bully pushes Kean's shoulder.

"Hey!!"

Everyone stops and turns their heads to Stare at the person. Little [Reader] runs up and stands in Front of little Kean. Shielding him from the bullies.

"Stop picking on him!"

6 years old Kean just stares at the back of [Reader]'s head.

"If you don't I will call the Madams!"

The kids don't listen and continue to mock Kean's red eyes.

"MADAM!!!" [Reader] shouts. The bully and his minions disperse, running away from the two.

[Reader] turned around and smiled at Kean, while He just stares.

"I will make sure they don't bully you, again!" [Reader] grabbed his hands and squeezes them in comfort.

"For that, let's be friends!" [Reader] says happily, Kean removes his hands from your grip and walks away.

          ~

"Here!" You extent your hand to him and open your palm to reveal a candy.

"I got this for you! It's {favorite flavor}!" You nod at the candy.

Without taking the candy Kean walks away.

         ~

You peak at the corner of the wall, seeing Kean sitting alone.

You walk up to him with a tray of food.

"It's lunch time already! I got you food." Kean stays silent and you start to worry he will walk away again. You quickly place the tray on his lap and walk away.

Maybe he was shy in front of you so you leave him be. You turn to glance at him, seeing him eating makes you smile.

          ~

Unfortunately, today you got flu. And one of the Madam instructed for you to sleep in for the day. You are worried about Kean getting bullied again...

it's already dinner time and the Madam is not back with food. Your stomach growls, making your sigh in annoyance.

You don't even have the energy to get up because you feel so weak.

The door of your room clicks and opens, you sit up on the bed, thinking one of the Madams finally got your food but black hair comes into view.