The Falling of Hearts

Start from the beginning

Gorya nodded understandingly, her eyes wide with curiosity as she awaited Arisa's explanation.

"We broke up," Arisa confessed softly, her gaze fixed on the pages of her textbook as if seeking solace in their silent embrace. "I just...I couldn't be what he needed, you know?"

Gorya's brow furrowed in confusion, her concern evident in the furrow of her brow. "But why?" she asked, her voice barely a whisper.

Arisa hesitated, struggling to find the right words to convey the turmoil of emotions churning within her. "Because of our differences," she explained finally, her voice tinged with sadness. "I love him, Gorya. I really do. But...I just don't think I can be the person he needs in his world."

Gorya leaned in closer, her voice earnest as she pleaded with her friend. "You can't give up on love, Arisa. Thyme would do anything for you. You just have to tell him how you feel."

Arisa shook her head, a wistful smile playing at the corners of her lips. "I appreciate your optimism, Gorya," she said softly, her tone tinged with resignation. "But right now, I just want to focus on finishing school quietly. No more distractions."

Gorya leaned in closer, her voice earnest as she pleaded with her friend. "You can't give up on love, Arisa. Thyme would do anything for you. You just have to tell him how you feel."

Arisa shook her head, a wistful smile playing at the corners of her lips. "I appreciate your optimism, Gorya," she said softly, her tone tinged with resignation. "But right now, I just want to focus on finishing school quietly. No more distractions."

Gorya's expression softened with understanding as she complied, gathering the wayward textbook with a gentle hand. "Of course, Arisa.''

The sudden clamor outside the library pierced through the solemn atmosphere, drawing Arisa and Gorya's attention like a magnet. Curiosity mingled with apprehension as they exchanged glances, silently questioning the source of the disturbance.

"What's going on out there?" Gorya whispered, her voice barely audible over the din.

Arisa shrugged, her brow furrowing with concern. "I'm not sure," she admitted, her gaze drifting towards the library entrance where the sounds seemed to originate. "But we should probably go check it out."

With synchronized movements, they rose from their seats, a shared sense of curiosity propelling them towards the source of the commotion. As they stepped outside into the corridor, the noise grew louder, a cacophony of voices and the unmistakable snap of camera shutters echoing through the air.

As Arisa and Gorya observed from a distance, the scene before them unfolded with a bittersweet intensity. Lita's demeanor was unmistakable—clinging onto Thyme as if her life depended on it, while he, in contrast, seemed to be gently swatting her hand away, a subtle yet clear indication of his discomfort.

Arisa's heart sank at the sight, a pang of sadness washing over her as she watched the dynamics between Thyme and Lita play out before her eyes. Gorya cast a sympathetic glance at Arisa, her expression mirroring the turmoil in her friend's heart. "It looks like things are complicated," she murmured, her voice barely audible over the noise of the crowd.

As the tension between them reached its peak, a sudden slip from Lita sent her stumbling forward, her hands flailing for balance. In a reflexive motion, Thyme's arms shot out to catch her, their bodies colliding in a moment of unexpected closeness.

A hushed gasp rippled through the crowd as the two found themselves locked in a precarious embrace, their faces mere inches apart. Arisa's heart skipped a beat as she watched the scene unfold, the weight of the moment hanging heavy in the air.