The Glass Mask

The rooftop, a secret haven above the cacophony of the school, cradled Arisa and Gorya in its solitude. The air hung heavy with the remnants of the incident, and the distant echoes of laughter and mockery reached their ears as students walked by the entrance of the rooftop like haunting melodies. 

Gorya, her expression etched with concern, gently suggested, "Maybe you should lay low here for a while, Arisa. Let the storm finish."

Amid their whispered conversation, the rhythmic sound of footsteps approached. Arisa's heartbeat quickened, and Gorya's eyes widened with shared anticipation. Someone was ascending to their refuge. In a silent agreement, Arisa ushered Gorya to the side, creating a makeshift barricade with old desk tables.

Ren emerged, his silhouette gleamed against the backdrop of the school's skyline. His voice, detached yet carrying an undertone of determination, broke the rooftop's stillness. "I know you're here. Come out. I won't spill your secret." He spoke without turning, as if his mere presence could detect them on the rooftop.

Arisa and Gorya exchanged hesitant glances before Arisa cautiously stepped into view. However, just as they emerged, the stairwell door burst open, and a group of girls spilled onto the rooftop, their voices carrying an air of theatrical bravado. "Come out, come out, wherever you are!"

Reacting swiftly, Gorya pushed Arisa back behind the pile of desks. Arisa crouched down, her world confined to the hidden space. Ren, seemingly undisturbed, confronted the incoming storm of girls, with nonchalance written all over his face. Arisa thought, how could someone keep themselves so collected all the time?

"No hidden secrets here. You can go now," Ren declared calmly, his eyes avoiding direct contact with the intruders. Without questioning the authority of another F4 member, the girls, begrudgingly accepted defeat, retreated from the rooftop, leaving behind a lingering tension.

As the echoes of their retreating footsteps faded, Arisa emerged from her hiding place. A wave of relief took over and gratitude rested on the tip of her tongue, but before she could express it, Ren spoke with an air of quiet authority. His gaze, grazing over Gorya, carried a quiet intensity. "It'll be even easier to find Arisa now that Gorya's been seen here. They'll come back if they don't see you in school. So, I suggest that for the time being, Arisa should hide here alone.''

 ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚ 

The rooftop, a desolate expanse in the grip of a wintry chill, echoed with the late-afternoon silence. Arisa, huddled on the frigid ground, clung to her knees as an icy breeze swept through the isolated sanctuary. The once comforting solitude had transformed into a lonely isle, surrounded by the biting cold.

As the school day waned, the temperature plummeted, each breath forming a ghostly mist in the crisp air. Arisa's figure, against the backdrop of a descending sun, felt the chill seeping into her bones everywhere, a stark contrast to the warmth she once found in this haven with Gorya.

With the final bell's resounding toll, Arisa stirred from her thoughts, her senses alert to the biting cold that clung to the rooftop. The ambient noise of students gradually increased as they made their way out of class.

A sudden notification pierced the frigid air. The immediate chime echoed in Arisa's ears, jolting her from the contemplative silence. Fear gripped her heart like an icy vice, the thought of someone running through the doors froze her in place. Trembling fingers reached for her phone, unlocking the device with hesitant uncertainty.

A sigh of utter relief escaped her lips as the screen illuminated with Gorya's message.

Arisa, are you okkkk?