The aroma of roasted cocoa beans brightened Sivaangi's mood, as she came out, wiping her face with Ashwin's towel.

Ashwin: Hey, how did you get that?!

Sivaangi: Naa thaan poi unga room la irundhu eduthutu vandhen. Any issues?

Ashwin: Illaiye....

He sulked and continued turning his face away. She took her eyeliner to place a bindhi and quickly sat next to him, holding his bicep.

Sivaangi: Seri, kochikadha chellakutty.

Ashwin: Naa ellam illai, po po.

Sivaangi: Naa unga kooda vilayada koodadha Ashwin?

He slowly turned to face her, who had a broad smile on her face, waiting for him to answer. Her freshly washed face, with zero makeup, felt worthy of being watched for the rest of his life, and he was born ready to do that.

Every time Ashwin had a deep eye contact with her, his mind replayed all the days since they met and how they became an inseparable part of each other's lives, such that his world had only her, while he was her only world.

Everything felt different, unexplainable, unreasonable, and dumbfounding, but it was right for them.

From her being a needy child, going behind him for every single thing, now he has become the same, reaching out to her whenever he felt the extreme of emotions. He felt it was the best and right to express his unfiltered version only to her, but wasn't sure enough as to how and why his heart craved only for her.

Maybe, the cupid has to try his luck harder to knock sense into these "brainy best friends."

Sivaangi waved her hand in front of him, but the lighthouse was too busy, scanning his favourite human with his killer eyes. Every time he looked at her deeply, she felt weirdly comfortable and anxious, both at the same time.

Anxious, as she's unable to handle the intensity that his eyes ooze, and comfortable as the very same eyes carried a warmth of affection, tying her to him by an invisible thread of probably 'love.'

She waved her hand once again and received no response. Since their meeting, she was used to him getting lost and snapping back lately, so she decided to play along.

She leaned forward and cupped her face, waiting for him to come back to the world.

Sivaangi: Appadi ennatha yosippinga neenga?

She murmured, and as if the world itself couldn't tolerate his insane behaviour, sent a beautiful mosquito to help out the angel in breaking her best friend's trance.

Or, in our terms, an agent sent by the cupid.

***********
Agent mosquito reporting, sir.

Cupid: Thank you so much for volunteering. He's the guy.

The cupid pointed at Ashwin, and the mosquito was gobsmacked to see the handsome hunk.

Mosquito: Wow, what a beauty!

Cupid: Don't say this in front of that little woman. You'll never see the world again.

The mosquito gulped and saluted the cupid with the utmost dedication.

Cupid: Look, that guy takes God knows how long to respond whenever he's gazing at her. Bite him hard.

Mosquito: Achoo, enakku vekkama irukke. Naa avarukku love bite thara porena?

The mosquito buzzed and flew in the direction of Ashwin to complete her task. The cupid sighed and slapped his forehead with the wand.