If someone questioned why XuanFei was at Xu Ji An's designated room, she would use XuanRong's name, telling other people that XuanFei was only trying to search XuanRong who was seen making her way towards the Crown Prince's place. She was only a victim and not the proprietor. Even if XuanRong found out,it would be too late to explain everything and even if she would open her mouth to defend herself,claiming that she was innocent, no one would think that she was telling the truth.She alreadythought all of it thoroughly.

 Xiao Lou was planning to create lies, stating that XuanRong did not want to marry the idiotic prince,Xu Fei Yi because she fancied Xu Ji An and tried to seduce him by making him inhale aphrodisiac, but her plan went awry and escaped for the fear of being reprimanded heavily. Once people learned everything, even if they saw XuanFei and Xu Ji An together, they would only feel pity towards her for being a victim of XuanRong's nasty scheme and once the emperor learnedthat XuanRong humiliated the Royal Family, he would definitely punish her. 

Xiao Lou exhaled and massaged her forehead. She stared at the servant girl and spoke. "Fine! if what you said is true, this Madam promises that I will not punish you,but if this Madam finds out that you are lying, this Madam will kill you."Xiao Lou pulled her dress up and walked away. Come, let us leave and search for my daughters.To the Thousand Li courtyard!"

-------

[1]. To increase one's reputation through connections to someone with a better reputation.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

99

The Furens and Young Maidens were staying at left side of the residence hall which was connected to the gazebo near the man-made lake. Thus, when the female servant arrived, the only ones who were able to hear her news were the Furens and the Young Maidens. All the male guests who were busy talking inside were oblivious to the issue. 

When the Furens and Young Maidens started leaving with Xiao Lou at the front leading them, XuanLi and the other male guests only thought that the females wanted to visit the garden. They did not think that something was wrong and continued chatting with each other. XuanLi was very busy at the moment. He only took a glimpse of his wife who was leaving before returning his attention to the court official who was talking with him.

At first, the Furens wanted to leave their daughters inside the hall because they were afraid that they might witness an improper scene, but Xiao Lou told them that everything was a misunderstanding. Xiao Lou even said that she believed that XuanRong would never do that kind of thing and in order to clarify the issue and to avoid tarnishing XuanRong's reputation, those who heard the female servant's report must also witness the truth. Xiao Lou totally convinced the Furens to bring their daughters. Thus, a large group was currently traveling towards the Thousand Li courtyard in a hurry.

"Speak! Where did your Third Young Miss and Eldest Young Miss go?"

Xiao Lou's words were full of anger while she glared at the servant who was being dragged by a mama. The female servant who was forcefully being pulled raised her head. Her face was pale like she was soaked in a vinegar.

"This servant heard someone spoke that they saw Eldest Young Miss went to the Crown Prince's designated room. When this servant saw Third Young Miss, this servant told Third Young Miss everything that this servant heard. Third Young Miss ordered this servant to inform Furen while Third Young Miss went to the Crown Prince's designated room to save Eldest Young Miss."

The servant once again lowered her head after she was done talking. None of the Furens realized that every time the female servant recounted the entire situation, she would always emphasize that XuanFei only went to the Crown Prince's room in order to find her eldest sister and did not wander inside because of any personal reason. In short, The Furens only thought that XuanFei was only trying to save her eldest sister and nothing else.

"So, you are saying that the Eldest Young Miss went to the Crown Prince's designated room and the Third Young Miss followed her?"

The female servant nodded her head.

Xiao Lou bit her lips and stopped walking. She swayed and almost fell on the ground. If not for the help of one of the Furens near her, she would have fallen on the floor.

The Furens saw Xiao Lou's face aged and felt pity towards her. They knew that Xiao Lou was being torn apart between her status as a wife of an official and as the mother of the two young ladies. Even if she was the host of the evening and the place where the Crown Prince was staying was still in the Prime Minister's residence, she could not just barge in and order someone to search the entire premises.