40-41

40.Shameless Simpleton 

XuanRong was walking along the small path within her courtyard. In her previous lifetime, she was a 'prisoner' within the manor. She could not go out whenever she desired, and the servants would bully her every time she would stroll around the manor. Being an arrogant person in her previous lifetime who viewed people as dirt, she would rather choose to be alone than suffer being bullied by those people she called 'the lowest of the low.' She became accustomed to walking endlessly around her courtyard to waste time, especially when she was bored. Later on, whenever she wanted to unwind and think deeply, she would walk around her courtyard and stare at the flowers the whole day.

When she returned to the capital, she requested her 'beloved' Er Niang[1] to destroy the entire manor in Lu Shan. She hated Housekeeper w.a.n.g and she wanted to let him know the consequences of bullying her for years. Unfortunately, XuanFei came crying in front of her, saying she pitied those people who were innocent and did not have any choice but to 'follow' Housekeeper w.a.n.g's orders. XuanRong loved her younger sister dearly, whatever XuanFei say, she would follow. Whatever XuanFei want, she would get it for her. She loved Xiao Lou and XuanFei the most. So, she agreed to give the manor in Lu Shan to XuanFei and let her 'punish' Housekeeper w.a.n.g. It was already too late before she found out that Housekeeper w.a.n.g life was still as blissful as it was before. The 'punishment' XuanRong thought was very different from the 'punishment' XuanFei did.

XuanRong was busy thinking about her past that she did not notice the path she was taking. When she raised her head, she realized that she was already at the back side of the courtyard. The courtyard was connected to a tiny forest at the base of a small mountain and only a tall wall separated the two sides. At the eastern part of the wall, there was a tiny dog hole that XuanRong often use as her 'personal gate' whenever she wanted to go outside the manor without alerting Housekeeper w.a.n.g. There were times in her previous lifetime when small animals and different kinds of birds would stumble blindly and enter her courtyard, making XuanRong feel happy when she was alone and lonely. She could not help but smile widely when she remembered her happy moments together with those small animals[2].

*wwshhssh*

XuanRong noticed the sudden movement inside the thick bushes at her right side. Thinking that it must have been a small animal which mistakenly entered her courtyard because of that dog hole, XuanRong slowly moved towards the bushes.

"Don't be afraid."

XuanRong spoke in a tender voice, fearing that she would scare the small animal. She was not afraid that the thing hiding inside the bushes would be a vicious animal like a tiger since the small forest behind her courtyard only had dwellers like rac.o.o.ns, foxes and other small animals.

*step*

*step*

*step*

She slowly made her way into the bushes. The rustling intensified as if the 'animal' hiding was scared of her. XuanRong extended her hand, trying to slowly catch the small 'animal' when she saw a person's back inside the bushes.

'Hhn!'

XuanRong inhaled sharply and immediately retracted her feet a couple of steps.

"Who are you?!'

She suddenly became alerted and wary. She was inside her courtyard and since An Wei was a man, he was not allowed to enter and could only stay and guard outside. But even so, he should have notice someone snuck inside her place, unless the man was a hidden master himself.

'How high is this person's qinggong[3]?!'

XuanRong wanted to scream and call An Wei for help. Although she had been practicing qinggong during the past two months, she knew that she was still inexperienced and could only hold for a couple of blows against a person who was bigger and had higher qinggong level than her.