52-54

52.Return

"XioJie... It started raining. Let's return to the manor."
YuYing spoke worriedly while holding an umbrella, trying to shield XuanRong from the rain.
They were inside the small forest at the back of XuanRong's courtyard. Yue Xiao Xiao died yesterday night. Since her identity was special, XuanRong decided to cremate her body instead of burying her. XuanRong was afraid that those people who were pursuing Yue Xiao Xiao would be able to discover the location of her tomb. For sure, those people wouldn't let go of her master even when she was already dead. They would definitely dig her remains & use it for their own research.

"Just a moment, until the fire disappears."
XuanRong spoke hoarsely. She stood there, not caring that the rain was starting to pour heavily.
Not looking behind her, she spoke, 

"YuYing, the three of you, return to the manor."
"But XiaoJie---"
"An Wei is here to accompany me." She did not want her maidservants to see hear in her weakest state.
With no other choice, XuanRong's 3 maidservants left, leaving An Wei alone with her.
An Wei stood behind XuanRong, holding the umbrella for her.
"An Wei... it hurts."
XuanRong was mourning deeply. She was crying inside her heart for losing someone she cared. She did not want to experience this kind of painful farewell ever again. An Wei did not reply but he moved closer to XuanRong, shielding her from the strong wind and cold rain.

"All of you are not allowed to leave me, hao[1]? That's an order."

"This servant doesn't dare. If Young Miss would allow this servant to stay by Young Miss' side, this servant would stay by Young Miss' side forever."

XuanRong turned her head and smiled at An Wei. Her eyes were not as sad as before. Although she was in pain and was filled with grief, XuanRong was now calm, unlike yesterday night when she kept screaming & crying while holding Yue Xiao Xiao in her embrace, unable to accept the fact that the woman who made her experience the feeling of having someone cared for her like a daughter died in her arms.

Thinking back the words her master spoke before she died, XuanRong could feel that her master did not tell her everything. When her master mentioned the name of her son, XuanRong did not pay attention to it because she was panicking, and her main concern that time was Yue Xiao Xiao's well-being. Now that she was calm and was able to think clearly, she could not help but recall the words her master told her.

'P-promise me 1 thing, f-find my child.. *cough* *cough* H-His name is F-Fei----*cough* *cough* Fei..... Y-Yi..'
Fei... Yi..
Fei Yi.
The name of her master's son.
Was it a coincidence that her master's son was also named Fei Yi?
Recalling the dumb person who always call her 'Wife JieJie', XuanRong could not help but feel a little fluffy inside her heart. To be honest, if not for having a similar name with her master's son, XuanRong would have forgotten that dumb young man. It had been 5 years and XuanRong was busy with her own life that she did not have any time to think of unnecessary things and remember other people.

XuanRong was not sure if her master's son was Xu Fei Yi or if the two only shared the same name and nothing more. If her master's son was truly Xu Fei Yi, wouldn't that mean... that her master was the previous Empress, Empress Shen?

But how? Wasn't Empress Shen died by being burned to death?

'Am I overly thinking things?' XuanRong inwardly sigh.
Years ago, the Emperor of the four countries, including Qian Zou's Monarch, were hunting down the Yue clan in order to covet the art of Gu. If her master was really the previous Empress, why did she agree to marry the previous emperor who was the descendant of the Emperor of Qian 

Zou? Was it really because of love? Or was it for revenge?
XuanRong was quite baffled and wanted to know the truth. After her death, she no longer believe in love between a man and a woman.