Hunters and prey

A blade came in my direction, ready to cut me in two.

Sliding below it, I came to a stop forced by a broken pillar on the way. Turning back, I saw all the monsters blocking our paths.

Everyone was scattered around the ruins near the cliff and fissure. The determination to run away turned in fuel to fight, a necessity due our circumstances.

The now four nevermore were flying in circles and sent volleys of their bladed feathers down on us. They found a rhythm that kept us from escaping, firing and regenerating while attacking with claws and beak.

An alfa boarbatusk, beowolf and ursa also came with their small packs, keeping us on our toes in the ground. Making things more difficult, we also have to deal with a king taijitu, a death stalker and a beringel that came from gods knows where.

In resume, we were between fucked and screwed.

"Any plans?" Mercury asked, coming to my side.

"Besides surviving?" I said, holding on to my staff to get up. "Not yet. I have an idea how to take the nevermores, but I can not do it yet."

"What do you need?" Emerald asked.

"Jaune and you girls."

The problem was that he and his team were dealing with the death stalker and ursas.

Team CRDL was dealing with the beringel, but the beast seemed more resistance to even then. Adam and Vernal's teams were fighting beowolfs and the king taijitu while the big heard of Grimm boars and birds were keeping us and team RWBY near the cliff.

Neo killed another spinning menace before turning to me.

"What is the plan?" She wrote, before defending from another feathers' shower.

"We need to confuse them!" I said, evading again. "Jaune can boost your skills. With that, you two should be able to reach everyone!"

"Two types of illusions working at the same time" Mercury noted, kicking off a lost beowolf that appeared next to him. "Wouldn't we be also effected?"

"That is why we need both!" I sent back a boarbatusk and hit it on the scorpion's stinger. "Emerald will make us see them where they really are while Neo will make the distractions."

They both looked at each other before nodding.

"Shouldn't Em just use her skill to make they kill each other?" Mercury asked.

"I can't make two types of illusions at the same time!" She replied, getting ready.

Looking around, I saw more grimms joining the fight. It seems Jaune little way to help us became more of a nuisance than anything else. Still, I could not blame her for trying to help.

"It'll be hard with all of them coming!" Emerald grunted, shooting more aura infused bullets.

I took another look at the fissure behind us. That big hole was never really explored on the show, so not even I knew it's depth.

Why not discover it now?

"Do you guys trust me?" I asked, putting my weapon back in it's pocket.

"Why are you asking it now?" Mercury said, looking at me with unsureness in his eyes.

"Of course we do!" Neo wrote, getting near.

"Then follow me!"

I ran to the hole on the ground and jumped in. I heard the confused sounds and screams of my team following me. Light did not reach us anymore down there, so I focused my aura on the eyes to see in the dark and noticed the bottom coming.