Searching familiarity

Cold metal was ready to launch me in green abundance.

We managed to place team RWBY on their respective plates, using the new friendship between Blake and Weiss and the movement of our members to guide Rubi and Yang without them noticing.

The first part was done, now the difficult part will come. I was so focused that I didn't even register Ozpin words, feeling the gears turning under my feet. Five seconds after Emerald, who was on my side, was launched into the forest with her name, my platform repeated the action and I went straight to the other side.

I made a cloud and launched it where I was going to land. It spread and took my impact, bouncing like a balloon and dispersing right after. With this sucefull landing, I looked around, focusing aura on my eyes.

I saw the dark figures of Grimm around and also the aura of non-users around. Concentrating more I could even see some numbers, but none of my team.

"Guess is time to run then" I said, looking straight to a camera detected by my focus.

Creating two beds of accelerating clouds and placing them on trees, I jumped against them to gain speed, coming off of each with more momentum. When it was enough, I jumped off, straight up, dismissing them and creating a floating cloud under my feet.

It wasn't as fast as Goku's flying cloud, but thanks to the speed I gained, it was faster while the air resistence did not slowed us.

Above the forest, I saw one of my team number fighting grimm. I could not see who was because of the leaves, but a friend is a friend, so I changed the trajectory and dismissed the cloud, letting me fall as heavy weight and crush the skull of a boarbatusk.

Looking up from the numbered feet, I locked eyes with Mercury. At least none of the girls would try to play favorites for being my partner.

"Nice landing" he laughed, kicking a beowolf dead with a broken neck.

"Thanks" I said, taking my folded staff from the pocket and extending it.

Normally, those things would not resist even a single swing, being more to show than effect. However, infusion worked wonders and made even those fragile sticks a powerful weapon.

I just needed a jump and a swing to crush another skull, getting back to back with the gray haired boy.

"Want to show off to the audience?"

He laughed at the question, getting ready.

"Bring it on!"

Kicking each other's feet, we jumped in the groups of grimm. I heard the shots from my new partner while using my staff to cut two heads and remove a mask with a free hand, smashing it under the maw of another werewolf wanna be.

With some swing and the laws of force and pressure on my side, I ended up cutting some trees down alongside the creatures, letting the trunks fall on the rest to crush them. The small survivors were easily dispatched, making my side clean of the monsters.

"How is it going there?" I asked while turning.

"Done!" He shouted, killing his last grimm. "You think we got his attention?"

"I believe we do."

Staring at a camera, I heard the approaching steps at our side. Looking in the direction, we were met with an unexpected pair.

"Where is the fight?" Asked the blonde girl, ready to punch something with a big smile on her face.

"Yang, wait! You can't barge in people's fights like that!" Said the younger one, stopping at her sister's side.

"You girls are a little late to that" Mercury said, getting close to whisper: "Isn't that a change?"

Instead of voicing my confirmation, I wrote in the air with my aura:

"Yes, but I believe it would not change much if the team stays the same."

"What are you guys gossiping over there?" Yang asked, getting close after seeing all the destruction.

"Where the temple is" I answered, thankful they could not see aura like us. "We are not agreeing on the method to find it."

"Yeah, it's not easy with all of those trees" Rubi commented.

My partner tapped my shoulder and pointed in a direction. When I looked there, I saw a tall aura pillar, shining brightly until the clouds.

I only knew one person capable of something like that.

"Either way, we better move" I said, retracting my staff and putting it back in its pocket. "All those falling trees would not go unnoticed by the grimm.

Mercury nodded and told the girls to follow. They did not argue and we all ran through the forest until reaching a clearing. Not far from the treeline, was the ruins and the "relics" that were just big chess pieces.

Team JNPR was already there, both pairs with a rook piece in their hands. CRDL was as well and they took the bishops. Adam and Amber were there with a queen piece while guarding the other, the same was true with Vernal and Flynt with the king piece.

I immediately noticed four girls getting out of the forest. Neo and Emerald followed by Weiss and Blake. I wrote the word "PAWN" very big to our pair and signaled to Jaune to stop his aura pillar.

"Yeah! We did it!" Mercury shouted, picking the black pawn.

"Well, at least we don't have to worry" Emerald commented, picking the other.

"Why are you all here?" I asked the rest, seeing team RWBY picking their knight pieces as well.

"Just seeing who will be our fellow students" Cardin said, walking past me to greet the rest and introduce himself.

His team followed together with JNPR. My team, on the other hand, came closer to me, letting us be alone on our side.

"Another change?" Neo wrote, pointing at the pairs of the main team of the show.

"Yes" I sighed. "I hope it does not change much of the results in the future."

The rest of the teams came and everyone took their pieces. With quick introductions, we all joined near the ruins while Katt went up them.

"So that's everyone, right?" Jaune asked, looking around.

"All relics were taken, so yes" I confirmed, looking in Beacon's direction. "We just need to go back. No need to fight.

"Great! I really need a bath after all that running!" Flynt joked, making everyone laugh and agree.

"Guys! We might have problems!" Katt shouted. "There's a lot of grimms coming!"

Using my clouds, I went higher than her and looked in the same direction. What I saw was at least three nevermore flying at us, while trees were pushed by something big that was coming as well.

"All right! We need to go!" I shouted, jumping down. "Run, everyone!"

Without question, everyone ran to Beacon following my lead. A glimpse back let me saw what was following our trail.

How much more this timeline will change?