Splitting numbers

Defeat surrounded me.

I saw so many faces and the knowledge that many would not even be here tomorrow granted me a feeling of guilt. However, I could not act on it or my plans would be ruined.

A message came to my phone, confirming the path I should follow. With aura flaring above me I went for the door, getting out and passing for many doors and hacked cameras.

Entering a room, I found our unique infiltrator there.

"Hello, Peach. Goodnight for a reunion, right."

"I hope so!" She exclaimed, tapping on her phone. "I don't want to lose the job! I like here!"

"Do not fret. Our hacker has already done all that is needed."

She calmed a little, but a knock at the door made her tense up. Opening, I let our members enter.

Everyone came in small groups, so it took quite a while for everyone to arrive. Some seated on chairs and others on the tables, each had a different energy on their faces and bodies, showing how excited or worried they were about that reunion.

"Come on guys!" I exclaimed, clapping my hands. "This is a meeting, not an execution!"

Some of them let out a laugh, relaxing the mood of the room. I let everyone calm down as I took my phone, writing in it.

"Since writing on the board could be proof, I will send all written info on the 'Beacon Lights' group chat."

With this, everyone took their phones and saw the groups formed. Some seemed more happy than others.

"Those are all the groups that I want to be formed. It will be better for coordinating everything and you guys already know each other a little."

"Is this right?" Asked Jaune, looking at me. "I know you said I was the leader in the other reality, but it's ok for me to be again?"

"Don't worry, Jauny!" Laughed Nora. "I'm sure you'll be great!"

"Have a little faith in you, man!" Cardin, one of Neo's planets, added. "You were trained by him. You're practically a sun!"

Jaune brushed a little, nodding while his team joined around him.

Seeing things like Cardin being a good person is the type of change that motivated me to keep going and not just try to save one or another. He too was just a teenager with a bad start after all.

"A question!" Neon asked, getting up. After my signal, she continued: "How are we going to form these teams without being suspicious?"

"Simple" I created the cloud above my head, tapping the side of my eyes. "Each team will display a number on their feet and use focus to see each other. Ozpin's rules state that each two students became partners when meeting eyes. So, if everyone keeps looking down until finding each other, you guys can cross each other without screwing the groups."

"Isn't that suspicious enough?" Adam retorted. "What if he sees the numbers?"

"He won't" Peach said, joining the conversation. "I tested with him many times and he never saw anything I wrote or drew with my aura."

I nodded. The man was ancient, but depended on the system he knew, never trying to meddle with it because of his fears.

"And which are the numbers then?" Emerald asked, sitting next to me.

"The same order written in the chat." I said, reading out loud. "Number one is us. You, me, Neo and Mercury."

A basic composition with me and three suns, two who trained together and one who has a little more time training with me.

"JNPR is two, CRDL is three. Let's keep at least you these three teams as in the timeline" I said, looking at team CVFY who came to watch. They went in a semester earlier, showing this strategy could work.

From those three, only Ren and Nora trained elsewhere before coming to Vale. CVFY trained under Roman, one of the Suns and CRDL were trained by Neo, Emerald and Mercury, together with the brunet chose to be on the forth team.

"The next team I do not know who will be the leader or how the wizard will name it, but it is Amber, Adam, Miltia and Melanie. And yes, you three are her bodyguards."

"Is it really necessary?" Asked the maiden, looking between me and Emerald, her sun.

"Don't worry. We'll not pester you" Adam, another sun, laughed.

"Much" Added the twins, smiling.

The rest laughed at Amber's situation and her just sighed, accepting her fate.

"The last ones are Neon, Flynt, Ilia and Vernal."

"We kinda are the only ones without prior knowledge of each other" Ilia commented.

"Talk for yourself, colors. I and Flynt go way back!" Neon pointed, using her friend as support.

"We'll have time to know each other better, right?" Vernal asked me.

I nodded in response, looking the extra member in the eyes.

"As for you, Blake, I just want you to not disrupt this formation. If the plates are the same, we just need to place everyone where we want and the chances go way up."

She nodded. Her friends talked to her a little, making her smile.

Russel then got his hand up. I let him speak.

"We can use the forms to fight?"

This got everyone by surprise, I could see on their faces. Their eyes came to me, more eager than before.

"Of course, but do not be a show off." I felt Neo eyes on my skull, making me look at her. "What? I want Ozpin attention to be on me for our plans, that is the only reason for me to be the show off."

Her and Emerald rolled her eyes while the others laughed. Then, from the veteran insiders, Coco decided to ask the next question:

"What if the chess pieces of a certain type already were taken?"

"In that case, I authorize you to hunt the other candidates to take it. The best option is to do a switch, since Ozpin plans for everyone to enter. And, like always, no killing."

"This last past was a little unnecessary" Mercury commented, receiving stares. "Why is everyone looking at me like that?"

This time I laughed. Seeing the time, I knew we should and this now. With everyone agreeing, we waited for our hacker to do his job and went back to sleep.

The next day would show the results of our actions.

The Cloud Walker [RWBY Fanfiction]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें