Complete Manifestation

=======================================================================

Strong knocks echoed in the hideout, an old giant turned silently. His gaze met the blonde thief's, who nodded, pointing to herself.

Felt: "She may be my client, but it still seems a bit early."

She headed to the door with surprise still visible in her expression. As a young man in overalls watched from behind, suddenly he felt a terrible feeling of unease growing within him. Hideout, knocks on the door, Felt's client... There was only one answer that fit.

???: "Don't open that! We're going to be killed!!"

His determined shout was futile; he couldn't stop Felt from opening the door. As it swung open, the dark interior of the hideout was illuminated by the afternoon glow.

Emilia: "Kill? I wouldn't do anything so drastic without a warning."

A silver-haired half-elf entered the hideout with a sour expression on her face, accompanied by a battered-looking boy and a child, both with Asian features.

Emilia: "Yuta was right, she's here... You won't escape this time."

Felt was speechless, recoiling at the sight of the silver-haired girl. She had a mortified expression as she stepped back, and her lips twisted in annoyance as she observed the black-haired youth, assuming he was a slum dweller even though she had never seen him before.

Felt: "You turned me in?!"

Rika: "Yuta isn't from the slums, he's just in disguise."

Yuta: "It's like Rika-chan says, you should be able to remember me if you strain your memory a bit."

Felt: "....."

The blonde thief pondered for a moment, until her expression suddenly changed and she exclaimed in realization.

Felt: "That guy from the Alley!"

Yuta: "Bingo."

???: "Hold on, 'Bingo'?"

After Felt recognized me, I turned to speak with Emilia.

Yuta: "We can both block the exit, so you can approach them."

Emilia: "Understood, I appreciate that."

Felt gritted her teeth; Emilia's voice was extremely cold. The temperature dropped quickly, and I couldn't help but shiver. Even if I didn't do anything, the situation would progress without needing my intervention, so I simply blocked the escape route and kept my guard up.

Yuta: "(Elsa will show up here soon...)"

I saw magic gathering in Emilia's palm, causing the air to crackle as she formed ice pendants.

???: "So basically, she would have gotten here faster if I wasn't with you?"

She approached Felt more and more, who had already crossed the center of the room and continued to retreat; the half-elf turned her palm toward them, intimidating them. Because of this, no one in this room besides me paid attention to the other boy here, but I sighed in relief hearing his voice.

Yuta: "(Thank goodness you were summoned too, Subaru...)"

The one who was also here was an ordinary-looking Asian youth, with black hair and sanpakugan with brown eyes. He wore an iconic black and orange sports hoodie that visibly didn't match the clothes of this world.

I couldn't discard the hypothesis that perhaps Subaru hadn't been summoned, so seeing him here was reassuring. With my future knowledge, I could probably deal with the initial arcs without any problems, but it would take time that I can't afford to waste. Things will be much easier if I can leave Emilia's camp in his hands to strengthen myself while he deals with the problems of that place for me.