chapter 9

"̴P̴r̴o̴p̴h̴e̴t̴ ̴g̴i̴r̴l̴,̴

̴c̴h̴o̴s̴e̴n̴ ̴b̴y̴ ̴t̴h̴e̴ ̴s̴u̴n̴,̴̴d̴o̴ ̴y̴o̴u̴ ̴h̴e̴a̴r̴ ̴t̴h̴e̴ ̴g̴o̴d̴s̴ ̴w̴h̴i̴s̴p̴e̴r̴i̴n̴g̴ ̴̴t̴h̴o̴s̴e̴ ̴s̴i̴l̴e̴n̴t̴ ̴s̴t̴a̴r̴d̴u̴s̴t̴ ̴w̴o̴r̴d̴s̴?̴"̴

The night sky swirled into obscurity as Rhaella lay naked in the grass. The trees towering overhead shielded her from the soft beams of moonlight.

It was another dream. An occurrence she had grown used to. The unanswered questions had become common, leaving her frustrated and unsatisfied.

There was a certain freedom, being confined to her mind this way. Rhaella stood to her feet, leisurely walking through the forest.

"Follow my voice." The sound hissed, passing her by.

Like many times before, she had no choice but to follow.

Rhaella found herself at the edge of a cliff, staring the water down. She wondered if she jumped at this very moment, would she wake?

"You wake when I allow it." The voice whispered again.

Rhaella sat herself, legs dangling off the edge. She could feel its presence. Whatever it was. Despite this fact, she did not feel ashamed of her nakedness.

"Quite presumptuous of you, placing commands onto me," Rhaella said.

It was a back-and-forth they had engaged in. It would shrill riddles and prophecies that Rhaella couldn't even pretend to understand.

"Tell me something," Rhaella said. Her voice was distant, she already knew what the outcome would be.

"You have invaded my thoughts, for reasons unknown to me," Rhaella said, bringing her knees to her chest.

"Tell me, have I gone mad?"

The voice gave a low chuckle. Rhaella could feel its misty aura pass over her body, oddly enough she found it comforting.

"Perhaps." The voice said in wicked irony.

"It may be that you were born this way." It said.

Rhaella rolled her eyes at Its musings. She had become accustomed to it.

"You've given that boy a portion of your soul." It buzzed. Maybe it was her mind turning against her, but the voice had switched to a lighter tone.

Rhaella scoffed. Even in her unconscious, she could not escape the stigma.