ii. back to school mishaps

start . . .

HANGING OUT with hazel at the fair turned out to be one of the best decisions ashley made in her life

HANGING OUT with hazel at the fair turned out to be one of the best decisions ashley made in her life. she was right, the fair was fun, and even got a new friend. ashley enjoyed herself too much she forgot the reason why she was even upset in the first place, hazel even offered her a ride home. which ashley politely declined. she had bothered the girl enough already and explained that her house wasn't that far. it took a while for hazel to agree but eventually she agreed and the two parted ways.

when she arrived home, her mother, lorelai, was up watching tv in the living room. there was a bag of potato chips on the coffee table and a cup of coffee on her hand.

lorelai smiled at her daughter when she entered, "oh hello, i'm taking you enjoyed the fair?" she asked, noticing her daughter sporting a bigger smile than usual. "did you get to see dean?"

"dean just stopped by, we talked for a bit and something came up in school so he had to leave early." ashley explained, "can i have a sip of that?" she asked her mother, beaming when the cup was handed to her. she inherited her mother's love and addiction for coffee that ashley couldn't live without one cup of coffee in a day.

she handed the cup back to lorelai, "so uh anyways, one of the girls in my class, hazel, wanted to hang out so we did and that's it." she scooped a handful of potato chips and popped them into her mouth. "not gonna lie, it was pretty fun. plus i got a new friend!"

lorelai smiled at her daughter, "that's great honey! i'd love to invite you to watch with me while you tell me everything that happened, details included, but it is getting late, and you have school tomorrow."

ashley nodded, "it's fine, i am feeling pretty tired." she gave her mom a peck on the cheek. "good night mom, don't stay up too late." she said before going into her bedroom.

that night, for the first time in a while. ashley williams slept with a big grin on her face, excited for tomorrow to come.

_________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐

THE NEXT MORNING when ashley woke up and went down for breakfast she was surprised to see her boyfriend sitting on the couch. "what are you doing here?" was the first thing she said, ignoring the hurt expression that flashed on dean's face for a split second before going away.

"i wanted you to drive you to school," ashley raised an eyebrow and crossed her arms, making him continue, "look babe, i'm really really sorry about last night. it was a dick move to leave you alone just like that."

ashley let her arms fall to the side as she continued to watch her boyfriend spew out countless apologies for the things he did that he will most definitely do again in the future. she was used to it at some point.