Chapter 07

Amora Phoebe's Pov

Since that day, I got closer with them. It was two weeks ago. Especially with Samuel. We go out. We eat. We review together. It was nice. "Hoy Amora, may tanong ako."

"What?" We were the first ones in the class. This happened almost everyday. I was busy reading a book. The Summer That I Turned Pretty. Team Conrad here. "Ano ang pagkaparehas ng utot at tula?"

Nilingon ko ito. He was busy doodling something beside me. "What kind of question is that, Samuel?" He rolled his eyes. "Just ask why." I put down my book and faced him. "Okay, why?" He stopped doing his thing and turn to me before laughing. Is he crazy? He's crazy. "P-Parehas silang naggaling sa P-Poet!"

"Eew. Disgusting." I said but then he laughed more while pointing his fingers into me. "You gotta stop your Dad jokes. Hindi bagay sa aura mo." I commented before reading my book again. When I got bore, I fixed my self into the small mirror. I let my long hair today even my curtain bangs. I comb my hair before tucking it into my ears. Samuel and I still argue, that's permanent but somehow we get along. How weird was that? "Ang init ngayon, ah."

"Kelan ba hindi?" I asked. Then, I remembered something, a tie! A hair tie! That's what I forgot to bring.  "Shit!" I exclaimed. Duh, ang init! I don't want my hair soaking wet. Oh no. "Surprise." Samuel held out his hand into a fist.

"What's that?"

"Kamay." He stated the obvious. "I kno--!" He opened it and it was a hair tie. To be precise, a black hair tie with a pendant of yellow smiley face. What? It was my favorite color! A yellow! I looked at him. He gave me an straight face . "Kukunin mo ba o hindi? Kung ayaw mo tatapon ko nalang." He quickly stood up.

"Akin na!" Napatayo ako. Kinuha ko ito sa kamay niya at umiling. "Stupid."

"Dumb." He finally smiled.

Nothing much happened in our morning schedule. A bunch of performing task and films. So, when the bell ring we all thank the God, ang sakit sa ulo! "Fudgee, I have paperworks for the SSLG pa pala. PressCon is coming." Ree fixed her things. She gazed at me. "Bye, meet the coordinator later for me." She gave me a kiss on cheek before leaving. She did that in a minute.

"Did you eat na ba?!" I asked.

"Mamaya na!"

"Wow. She is busy." Samuel appeared in front of me. "Tara. Lunch?" Tumango ako. I got my bag but I noticed Xy was staring outside. "Xy? Are you okay?"

Napalingon ito at mukhang ngayon niya lang napansin na siya na lang ang nakaupo. "Oo! Iniisip ko pa rin anong gagawin ko sa Human Anatomy."

Samuel and I exchanged glance. Inakbayan niya zi Xy at sabay sabay kaming lumabas. "Sasali ba kayo sa exhibit?" Tanong ko. "Ikaw?" Tanong ni Samuel. Tumango ako. "Wag na, sasali ka eh."

"Kausap ka?"

I turned unto Xy. "Ikaw, Xy? Sasali ka?"

"Oo, sasali ako, tutulungan ako ni Jian."

In time, we saw Priah walking alone with her head down. Linapitan namin ito sa corridor. "Priah?" I asked. When she looked up, she looked sad. Her eyes were sad. She instantly hugged me. "Hey, what happened?" I softly asked.

"I hate him." She whispered.

"Who?"

She cried harder. "It's fine." Pagpapatahan ko. I glance at Samuel and Xy who looks worried. I didn't know they have this side. "Hey, hello madlang people, mabuhay!" Yuan entered the scene with big headphones and a guitar case on his back and he's with a girl. But he noticed Priah's back. "Who's that, Phoeb?"

Priah got away from me before tuening her head to Yuan. "I hate you!" Then, she ran away. "Priah." I called her and try to catch up with her by walking. She entered the building of HUMSS. We have different I.D laces, kaya talagang agad  malalaman kung anong strand mo.

She entered the room for journalist and closed the door. I contemplated if I should knock but she opened it. "No one's here."

I entered the room. It was very light and plain, a divider with a lot of tables and piling up was rhymms of bondpaper. But a small sala set will welcome you. Parang typical office. "I hate him, Phoebe."

My attention was on Priah. I sat with her. "Our family was friends so technically we became best friends since we were born. We were destined to marry each other. Cliché, right?"

Napasandal ito. "Instead of him being mad because of that marriage, he comforted me. He said that we're gonna be okay. We can say no. But our parents are tough. After college, we will marry each other. By then, he swore to me he'll be there by my side and protect me. That's the deal."

"And.. we're living in the same building right now, his room beside mine because his parents and my parents are on a business trip daw. They are crazy, right?" She laughed. "Then.."

"T-Then, this morning. He brought a girl with our usual breakfast time and place. H-He's pursuing her." She cried, her mascara all over the place. I think I know now why she's crying."Priah, you like him?"

Umiling ito ng maraming beses. "No!"

She opened her mouth and her eyes are in hysterical. "My point is how can he forget his promise? I mean, I thought he was gonna be by my side forever? How can he pursue another girl who looks like a frog, by the way if he's gonna be by my side." She rolled her eyes.

"Priah!" Suway ko.

"Kahapon, he forgot to sundo me, hatid, hindi na rin kami sabay. Usually Sunday is our Sponty Gala Day but now what? Kasama niya pala 'yun kahapon!" She was really annoyed. "Priah, maybe you can talk to him? You can tell him how you feel."

"My pride hurts, Phoeb. Isa pa, sa tingin niya rin lahat ng ginagawa ko unreasonable. What if one day, mawala siya sa akin? He made me sanay with his presence." She pouted like a kid. That's tough. Losing someone who's alive.

I sighed. "Do you want my advice ba, Priah?"

"Yes, please." Tumango ito.

"Let him be, I guess. Find out what you really feel about him, Priah. Because in my perspective, it's not just about him breaking his promise. You're afraid to lose him and you're afraid to acknowledge why. After that, think about what you wanna do, afterwards. " I smiled and hugged her.

She told me she wanted to be alone and I respected that. When I closed the door I was shocked to see Yuan. Did he heard? Seems like he read my mind. "Soundproof yan."

"Is she okay?" He asked with those eyes. Oh my God! He likes her! Girl's instinct. I cleared my throat. "Time of the month. She wanted to be alone."

He gave me a plastic from a supermarket with foods and drinks inside. "Can you give her that?"

I smiled. "I suggest you personally give it to her, later." Patted his back and left. When I was making my way to the caf to buy some snacks. A hand was put into my eyes. "The heck?"

"Galit agad siya, oh." The scent. The mint scent. Samuel. "Get off." I pushed his hands away. "Ta-da!" He placed in front of me a tupperware or lunchbox I must say. "Ano 'yan?" I asked.

"Damit, try mong kainin." Pilosopo niyang sabi. Tinalikuran ko ito. " Pagkain! Luto ko."

"You cook?"

"Oo, may lason." He chuckled. "Sa classroom mo na kainin, tara." He scratched his nape. "Are you shy, Samuel Jared?" I laughed.

Sinamaan niya ako ng tingin bago ginulo ang buhok niya. "Tsk."

Mabilis mapikon! I got his lunchbox. "Tara na nga!"

We were on our way to our building but a running Xy welcomed us. He stopped. "Jian's father was rushed into the hospital. She has no one else to be with. I need to go!"

What?

"San? May sasakyan kang dala?" Samuel asked.

"St. Claire, I gotta go!" He said and vanished. I was thinking about Jian. Is she okay? I hope everything will be alright.