Chapter 9: Meeting his Family

Panting, the cause of rushing to him and thinking she is late. "I'm sorry...! Did I take too long..?" — She asks.

Ruizel was too stunned and captivated by the sight of her stunning appearance. He was standing for a few seconds. Then he realised he was staring at her for too long.

"Oh.. No, no you didn't. I was just too early to arrive." — Ruizel said with a smile on his face as he looked at her.

She smiled back in a cheerful expression. She got closer to him as she gave him a peck on his cheek. He was stunned again, yet he smiled at her. He laughed as he gestured and opened the door of the car for her.

"Now then, shall we go?"

Kean smiled, thanking him as she entered the car. He closed the door, then sat next to her in the car as he drove to their destination. As soon as they arrived, Ruizel's siblings were waiting outside, along with two servants waiting, as well.

"You two arrived. Father and Mother are waiting for you guys inside." — said Tyson, Ruizel's second elder brother.

The other one spoke; "Is this the lady you kept talking about, brother? Your childhood sweetheart, the one you were afraid to tell your fee–" — As the young lady was saying too much, Tyson, their second eldest brother, covered her mouth shut.

A silly young lady, the youngest of all the Veon siblings. Dirty blonde, curly and silky hair. Red eyes, just like their mother. She was short, yet she was a precious treasure of the Veon family. A spoiled and loved child.

"Don't mind what Loraine said. Let's all head inside." — Tyson said as he enters the house without removing his hand off of his younger sister's mouth.

Kean laughed, finding Ruizel's siblings quite funny to watch. Ruizel stared at her as she laughed, his ears turning red, feeling embarrassed by the situation. But seeing her smile brightens his day.

The two entered the house. In the living room Ruizel's Mother; Lunaria Sheldon Veon, her maiden name; Lunaria Sheldon Raemir. With: Her hair was dirty blonde and her eyes were a deep crimson red. With: Displaying an elegant composure, she had a beautiful smile and almond eyes; she had pale skin that every woman wants to have.

Mrs. Veon was the perfect person to be described as a goddess of beauty. Kean was stunned and admired the beauty of Ruizel's mother. She stared at his mother. Ruizel's mother chuckles at her. She noticed Kean had changed little, but her appearance was the only one that change.

"You've grown up well, Kean. I see you're more beautiful than before. You were young." — Said Ruizel's mother to her with a bright smile on her face.

Kean bowed as she greeted his mother.

"It's nice to see you again, Mrs. Veon." — She said while bowing at his mother, nervous about meeting his family.

Kean felt very anxious, she knows they weren't kids anymore to even ignore the adults presence.

Ruizel whispered in her ear; "It's alright, there's no need to be nervous." — He said as he stroke her hair with a gentle and sweet smile.

She nodded as she inhaled and exhaled. Keeping herself calm. Ruizel gestured for Kean to sit next to him on the opposite couch, facing his mother. Ruizel seems to be clingy around her.

She finds it cute and funny sometimes, but it also brings great comfort to her when she is anxious. She nods as she sat next to him on the couch. Ruizel took her hand as he holds it gently, crossing both of their hands. Kean's embarrassment grew, but Ruizel remained unfazed, with his eyes fixed on hers.

His mother was observing them both quietly, she chuckles softly. She was proud and happy that her son was able to be with his childhood sweetheart after a long time had passed.