Chapter 7: The Necklace (Part two)

Lawrence Delios, the younger cousin of Daphne Roselia, had developed a long-standing infatuation with Kean. Despite being aware of Lawrence's crush and the fact that Kean was in a relationship with Jackson, Daphne had cautioned her younger cousin. However, Lawrence seemed to disregard her advice.

Daphne observed a concerning change in Lawrence's behavior ever since he became fixated on Kean. He would surreptitiously follow her, take pictures of her, and even engage in conversations with pictures of Kean that he had affixed to his wall. Lawrence's fixation had escalated into an unhealthy obsession.

This obsession gradually grew more dangerous, not only for Lawrence himself but also for those around him. Recognizing the potential danger Kean could face if she rejected him, Daphne confronted Lawrence, giving him another opportunity to reconsider his actions.

Unfortunately, Daphne's concerns were proven right when Kean, after her breakup with Jackson, became distant and cold, keeping a considerable distance from anyone who approached her.

Lawrence was taken aback when Kean vehemently rejected his confession and demanded that he never appear before her again. Kean no longer desired any involvement with men and was deeply traumatized by the realization that she had been deceived for so long, causing immense pain in her heart.

Following this rejection, Lawrence's obsession took a dangerous turn. He secluded himself in his room, plotting something against Kean in an attempt to end her life out of jealousy. However, his plan was thwarted by the timely intervention of Ruizel.

"You... How dare you try to harm Kean.."

Ruizel confronted Lawrence, unleashing a fury that he had never shown before. Lawrence faced the consequences of his actions as Ruizel's powerful punch left him with a bleeding face. If it hadn't been for Kean's intervention, Lawrence might not have survived.

Ruizel quickly regained his composure and checked Kean for any signs of injury from Lawrence's attempt on her life. Fortunately, Kean had escaped unharmed. Lawrence, cursing Ruizel, fled the scene. Due to Kean's kind-hearted nature, Ruizel refrained from pursuing Lawrence further. Trembling in fear, Kean accepted Ruizel's suggestion to ensure her safety and accompany her home for the night. Daphne and their friends, Oliver and Tyler, trusted Ruizel and agreed to leave Kean in his care.

Kean willingly took Ruizel's hand and allowed him to accompany her. Like a true gentleman, he opened the car door for her, ensuring she entered without any harm. He drove her home safely, and as Kean prepared to leave the car, Ruizel caught her hand. She paused and turned to face him once more.

Ruizel asked her to close her eyes and presented her with a necklace he had purchased. Slowly, he placed the necklace around Kean's neck. When she opened her eyes and touched the necklace, she was captivated by its beauty. However, her attention was quickly drawn to Ruizel himself.

Her dark brown hair and Rubellite eyes were stunning in Ruizel's eyes. The necklace he had chosen for her seemed to complement the color of her eyes perfectly. As she smiled and thanked him for the gift, Ruizel was mesmerized by her beauty under the moonlight.

Seeing her smile after the traumatic incident she had endured brought immense relief to Ruizel. He believed that if he hadn't been there, Kean might have ended up in a hospital bed. He also feared that one day, she might leave his side without him even realizing it. Hugging her tightly, he concealed his tears. Kean, aware of his emotions, chose to pretend she didn't notice.

The following days were peaceful for both Kean and Ruizel. However, Daphne couldn't shake off her unease. Her instincts told her that something bad was about to happen to Kean at any moment, causing her heart to race. Kean informed her friends that she had a date with Ruizel and left to prepare. Daphne shared her concerns with their friend Tyler, expressing her fear that Kean might be in danger.