Chapter 1: Secretary Lin

One rainy, dark and gloomy day.. A lady was running while tears flowed down her cheeks. Upon discovering her concealed struggles, her family did not take action to stop her, not a single member of the family considering the rainy weather.

As her friends walked back to their homes, they glanced back and saw her frantically running towards the bridge, her tearful expression filled with anguish. Intuition told them that things were amiss, compelling them to run and ascertain the truth. Despite their best efforts, they were unable to reach the scene in time to intervene.

They have been witness to her swift and resolute act of taking her own life.. Without any doubts in their mind, they made the daring decision to jump off the bridge, the sensation of weightlessness taking over. They were met with a heartbreaking sight - her lifeless body, adorned with a hauntingly beautiful smile. The weight of impending death hung over her, making every moment feel unbearable.

Present time

"President Veon, the data you've asked for is finished." I've made sure it is all the important information you needed."

Veon replied;

"Thank you, Secretary Lin. You did a great job again. I truly appreciate your help always." — He smiles as he gives his thanks.

Lin replied;

"President, you are this sacred place's legendary consultant. You were the one whom built this place, I merely pledge–"

"Yes, yes, understood. I brought you here, and you decided to be loyal and keep working here." — Veon said as he sighed, pinching his forehead.

Secretary Lin first started working in the café when he was 18 years old. He didn't know at first that the café has a secret consulting session at the chosen date of time.

Driven by curiosity, he would discreetly attempt to glimpse the forbidden room where café employees were prohibited.

Three years ago

Lin noticed that their manager would always go to the forbidden room. He'd always ask himself why the manager gets to enter that room and not the other employees. Lin saw a young lady sitting in front of an unknown man. Noticing the young lady shedding tears while she lowers down her sleeve, Lin thought she was being harassed by the unknown rich-looking man.

Not knowing the situation, Lin stepped up and tried to stop the young lady. It brought the two whom were discussing some matters to a surprise.

"Whomever may you be..? You're wearing.." — Veon was curious but hid his curiosity to not worsen the situation any longer.

"Sir! Whatever you're doing to this lady, please stop doing what you were about to do." — Lin angrily yet politely said to Veon.

Veon replied;

"What was I about to do..?" — Veon asks, confuse what Lin meant to say.

Lin replied;

"You were trying to force her to strip for your entertainment, right?! So stop that!" — Lin said while his fierce eyes glares at Veon.

Veon, who was trying to understand the situation, stared at Lin for a few seconds, then chuckled at the misunderstanding.

"It seems you've misunderstood something here, Employee Lin Rui." — Veon chuckles as he speaks to Lin to clear the misunderstanding.

He carefully articulated to Lin the details of the sensitive and confidential topic they were discussing, ensuring their privacy. Lin apologizes for yelling at Veon and for jumping into a conclusion without any thought. Veon forgave him, but let him stay in the consultant room for a while to observe.

"B.. But sir, didn't you say only the client and consultant, are the only ones to know the matter..?" — Lin confusingly asks Veon.

Veon replied;

"Yes, that is why you're not allowed to leave until I finished speaking of this matter with the young lady, employee Lin Rui." — Veon said with a threatening yet beautiful smile.

Lin replied;

"Y.. Yes sir.." — Lin responded from the intimidating aura Veon showed to Lin. Bringing fear towards Lin.

After three hours passed, Veon sat in the boss's chair. Lin tried to stop him from sitting on the chair, but caught on faster than Veon thought.

"It seems you aren't that stupid at all." — Veon chuckles.

Lin left confused asks Veon who he truly was.

"Ruizel Veon, boss of this Crimson café and the consultant giving advise to my client's personal matters that I must attend to."

Lin asks;

"Consultant?! Isn't this just a café..?" — Lin still left confuse and left with tons of questions on his mind.

"It is a café. The other employees whom I hired before are working, sending out invitations to those who need help or advice." — Veon replied to Lin, explaining every detail that he had planned years ago.

Veon's philosophy and way of life impressed Lin. He couldn't help but feel inspired by him.

Lin asks;

"M.. May I please be your apprentice?!"

"Eh?"

...

The café door chimes early in the morning. A man came in with such a gorgeous appearance.
His eyes, a mesmerizing shade of purple, shone like precious gems, their piercing gaze leaving no room for escape. The combination of their breathtaking beauty and fierce demeanor was truly mesmerizing. Standing tall with an average muscular build, their short black hair was styled in a mature and effortlessly cool fashion, enhancing their bright skin tone. He didn't seem like a human; he seemed like a flawless creation of god.

                                                                              To be continued