Chapter 6: The Necklace

Ruizel sat in his office chair, lost in thought, replaying the events of two days ago in his mind. A smile crept across his face, causing his secretary, Lin, to feel uneasy about his boss's sudden change in behavior.

"Sir..." Lin called out, standing in front of him, trying to get his attention.

But Ruizel was too deep in thought to respond. Lin raised his voice, calling out Ruizel's name in an attempt to snap him out of his reverie.

Startled, Ruizel jolted in his chair, shocked to hear his full name being called so suddenly. He looked up to see his secretary standing there, and his shock quickly turned to anger as he wondered why Lin had called him like that. He glared at him with fury in his eyes.

Clearing his throat, Lin spoke, "Sir, I've been standing here for half an hour, trying to get your attention. You've been smiling to yourself in your seat the whole time."

"Get to the point. I'm in a bad mood now," Ruizel snapped, still glaring at Lin.

Lin proceeded to give his report, glancing at Ruizel from time to time to make sure he was actually listening. But instead of paying attention, Ruizel was staring at him, as if scrutinizing him from head to toe.

"Ahem! Sir, you're staring at me now. Please focus on the report instead of getting lost in your thoughts," — Lin sighed, feeling uncomfortable with his boss's strange behavior.

Ruizel locked eyes with Lin, creating an intense eye contact. Lin stood there quietly, closing his eyes and forcing a smile, feeling uneasy about the whole situation. Ruizel asked why Lin was standing there silently with a smile. Lin answered honestly, explaining that he was feeling stressed and uncomfortable.

Curious about his own behavior, Ruizel asked Lin for help on how to make a young woman happy. He wondered what he could do to bring more joy to her life, but he couldn't come up with a solution on his own.

Caught off guard by the sudden question, Lin froze, standing in front of his boss, staring at him in surprise. He had never expected his boss to bring up a topic like this before, as they had never discussed anything related to dating or relationships. It was truly unexpected for the secretary.

Taking too long to reply, Lin realized that his boss was growing impatient. Flinching, he quickly answered, providing as much advice as he could think of. He shared his insights and suggestions with Ruizel, who listened attentively. With the advice given by his secretary, Ruizel started to have a rough idea of what he could do to make her happy.

Knowing her personality, Ruizel thought about giving her personal gifts. Not something overly expensive or extravagant, as she wouldn't feel comfortable accepting such high-priced items. He remembered that she enjoyed eating sweets, and they had shared many moments of laughter and jokes while indulging in sweet treats together. Memories of their past flooded his mind once again, making him nostalgic.

Expressing his gratitude to Lin, Ruizel left the office, forgetting about his work responsibilities during the process. This left Lin with a pile of unfinished tasks, causing him to sigh, as he had anticipated such a situation.

...

Ruizel drove his car, heading towards a specific destination. Leaving work while still dressed in his suit, he attracted attention wherever he went. His striking appearance, his well-built physique, and his deep, gentle voice captivated the hearts of many women, causing them to swoon just by hearing his voice and witnessing his radiant aura. "What a perfect creation God has made," all the women thought as they stole glances at him.

As Ruizel entered the jewelry store, the saleswomen were taken aback by his stunning presence. "Welcome, sir. How may we assist you?" the sales lady greeted him politely.