Bonnie and clyde

"Have I had the pleasure of meeting you before?" She began in a refined manner.

"I don't know, are you a fan of fencing?" he replied sarcastically.

"Oh no, I'm more the type who sold a piece of art to your aunt for 3 million dollars," she declared with a smirk.

A server passed by with a tray holding a few glasses of champagne, she took one and offered him one, while asking if he had come accompanied.

"Unfortunately not, no woman has yet managed to conquer my heart."

"Oh, there's a first time for everything, isn't there?" She delicately clinked her glass against his, wishing him good health.

Maria pointed out that this story could be long and suggested maybe getting some coffee.

"In fact... I don't have money for coffee anymore."

"Oh my God, I'll treat you, it's my pleasure." She poured coffee into my cup.

"I start on Monday," I announced to keep her informed.

"I know, are you ready to question everything you believe in?"

"I'm more than ready."

"We'll see about that," she replied, winking at me.

"So, what's the rest of the story?"

She walked over to the window overlooking the end of the counter.

"She wasn't a very reputable date. James was changing day by day, and love blinded him. This lady wasn't just a businesswoman, she was involved in dishonest activities, like selling weapons and drugs, robberies, and many other things. 'I'm too free-spirited to get married, but I want to live life to the fullest by your side,' she told him. I heard their conversations from my bedroom door."

It was an astonishing story. One day, as James had become just as dangerous as this lady, he arrived at his aunt's with a large bag. He was worried and panicked.

"You're drugged," his aunt told him. He denied it, but his condition suggested otherwise. She asked him to open the bag to see what it contained, even though she suspected it would disappoint her. At first, he refused, so she called two guards from the house to restrain him. He struggled, grabbed a vase from the table near the sofa, and struck one of the guards violently on the head. The other guard eventually pinned him to the ground and subdued him. His aunt took the bag and opened it, she was shocked, there were certainly millions of dollars and a firearm.

"Who are you?" he asked her, visibly shocked.

He looked at her with deep sadness in his eyes, each tear that rolled down his cheeks felt scorching to him, contrasting with his cold, marble-like skin caused by the drugs ingested.

"I won't let her go to prison," he said, breathless.

In the distance, police sirens approached the mansion. Like hypnotized, she stood there, waiting for the inevitable. Three policemen entered and arrested James. She understood that he had sacrificed himself for her. In reality, she was pregnant, and he shouted it to his aunt as he was dragged to the police vehicle.

Present* "You know, Father, this baby, he's the one who will change my life when he grows up," Sandro said to the priest.

As for his beloved, she disappeared without a trace. It was only two years later, when he was released from prison, that our aunt introduced him to David, his beloved son, the one for whom he had sacrificed two years of his life behind bars. The child had been given by his mother, saying she wanted to protect him, asking him to take good care of him. He didn't speak a word of our language, only mastered a few words in Italian, but that was it. Our aunt decided to rename him Jimmy. He grew up with us, within the organization that James had created. James taught him how to manage a business, the art of understanding the subtleties of the trade. The organization was important to him, but not to Jimmy. He was always out, never following the rules, convinced he could handle everything on his own and succeed in growing up without his father's help.