sixteen

ehehehehhhe 🥰

For the first time in forever, I saw her face change, from cold and soldier-like, she seemed to melt, her eyes droopy. 

"You never cared huh?" I ask, biting the inside of my cheek to stop myself from the tears yet again. 

"I did, and I still do, about you that's for sure," She said, looking into my eyes, searching for something in them. 

"If you do care you would tell me everything," I stated. This was over, any chance of a relationship was over, and the chance of happiness for us was over. And now I only needed one thing, where are the kids?

"You know I can't do that," She shook her head.

"You'll be locked up anyway, and killed for even sitting in this building," I said, finally sitting down in front of her, trying to crack her in any way possible. "So what's holding you back?" She didn't reply, just bit her nails, now looking anywhere but my face. "What is it, Lena?" I grew tired and angry of waiting.

"My kid," She mumbled, scared that any loud sounds would destroy the walls around us into crisp dust.

"What?" I perked up, my eyes almost popping out of their sockets.

"Vera I didn't want any of this I swear," A tear rolled down her cheek.

"Please you need to elaborate," I begged.

"I had a kid, a few years back, I wanted no one to know because of our work," She broke down, explaining everything behind the last few years. "When we started working on the case, the group found out about Julie, I don't know how but they did," She looked guilty, as if the guilt would spill out the scars if you cut her. "They threatened me, said they would take her if we don't let them be, and I knew you were the most passionate about it so when the BAU sent a request for you I thought it would cool down the case and give me time to hide Julie somewhere," She cried, holding her face I'm her hands. 

"Did it work?" I spoke quietly, not able to raise my voice anymore.

"Yeah, and I think they still don't know where she is, but I was working on the case privately, and yet again they found out, and when they couldn't use Julie as blackmail they used the next person closest to me, you," She tried grabbing my hand as I pulled away, folding my hands together. 

"Then I got the package," I stuttered, "And we started working on the case profusely, leaving them no choice but to take you and start threatening me," Everything in my brain clicked like a puzzle. "Why did you pretend to work for them when we first realized you weren't actually kidnapped?" Yet I had one more question.

"Because I wasn't pretending, during this whole thing they would use me for information, and anything our team could provide," Her head hung. 

"You dragged them into this?" I wiped my forehead from the sweat that piled up.

"They didn't know why I asked them to do certain things," Lena bit her bottom lip, ripping off her skin.

"So when they "kidnapped" you just basically worked for them until we would show up?" I air quoted the work kidnapped, still, everything being so surreal. "Everything is a trap, every single thing that happened was to blackmail someone," I voiced my thoughts, as Reid spoke through my ear peace, "Breathe Vera, you just have a little bit more," 

"Yes, I would occasionally work there until this time when they told me to come, they didn't let me leave and only until a few days after I was told it was because of you," She shared, her voice brittle. 

"Did you know that the sewer lead was a trap?" I mentioned the first ever time the bau tried helping us out.

"Yes," She seemed to be going through every emotion out there, fear overtaking them all.

"Lena, we can find your kid," I put myself back on track, "And keep her very safe, we just need the address to the rest of them," I told her, raising my brows.

"fine,"

Authors note: 

Kinda proud of this one 😫

I hope all don't hate Lena anymore lmao 

anywho one more chapter to go and we will be done😭

love you guys lots <3