prologue

"Lena please," I pleaded with my boss, staring at the stern blonde woman who was rummaging through the papers on her desk. "We've known each other for what? seven years now,"

"And that is exactly why I will not let you quit because of something stupid like this," Her strong Russian accent shined as she got angrier at my suggestion, she was the reason I still had mine even if less noticeable.

"Oh come on," I groaned, sitting down on the red leather couch she had in her office.

"She isn't the enemy Vera, and you know it," Lena looked at me for a split second, her eyes softening. "I've declined their visit over three times now," and immediately they went back to those fierce eyes that helped me shape who I am today.

"So what? just do it again," I moved my head to the side, raising my brow at her, obviously trying to win the argument with stupid suggestions.

"You know I can't, they need help on a case and we will do just that." She said, getting out a pair of keys from her purse and walking out the door, slamming it on the way out. Leaving me sitting in the consuming silence. Trying to work out what to do, Emily Prentiss was coming tomorrow and there was nothing I could do to escape, Lena wouldn't have let me, she had been trying to "fix" a relationship that never even existed for years, ever since I told her my last name.

Authors note:

AHh Ik this is bad pls, I had an idea for a book and just ran with it. But I promise after I finish the entire thing I'll go back and edit, stay put soldiers 🫡

𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐧 𝐟𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐬 - criminal mindsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें