Familiar

As the day drew closer to meeting with my student my decision seemed more like a regret. I scrolled through emails trying to ignore the footsteps that approached the entryway to my office.

"I hope you don't mind, I brought a friend Mrs. Sails." Said Lydia causing me to look up from my recent message.
My eyes shot up looking at a familiar face. He stood in my door way taking up most of the frame. His smile was begging me to speak, but I know that face. If only I could focus long enough to remember.

He must've been reading my mind because he interrupted saying "I've missed you Ariah, I'm not sure if you remember me, but I worked on the project with Jerome and you..."

"Oh my God Yevon?" I asked giving his face a thorough glance. I got up embracing him in a hug or rather he embraced me as he pulled me into his chest. "Where have you been?" I questioned looking up at him.

"MIT, when you walked away from the project I wanted to conduct some of my own research, but I can't do it with out you Ariah. When my sister here told me she was in your class, I begged her to let me join her meeting with you." He answered as he sat in one of the seats across from my desk.

"Oh, listen Yevon I didn't wanna just leave the project. I just..." He interrupted before I could finish my thought. "I get it, time travel was the basis of you and Jerome's relationship. I couldn't be selfish about your feelings, but I'm hoping, hell Ariah the whole science community is hoping that you can please continue conducting research." He pleaded looking between his sister and I.

"You may be done with the past but it isn't done with you. The future definitely holds too much for you to ignore." Lydia budded in giving me a concerned stare.

I sighed rubbing my temples annoyed, there were many questions I needed answers to, but this would just be setting me back.

"I can tell you think about it, maybe going back can give you the closure detectives couldn't. I can help you." He smiled comforting me with his words.

"If I do this, we gotta do it right."