They couldn't take their eyes off the mirror that was broadcasting the fight, how Hyakinthos' head had a look of disbelief, how his body was twitching uncontrollably.

And how August looked at him until the end.

A look of a man who is assured of his victory from the start. As if Hyakinthos wasn't even a threat to begin with.

They felt shivers running up their spines, some gods even held their necks, a sense of phantom pain making them gulp.

The news of Hyakinthos reaching level 6 had been circling Orario for days now, while some gods don't believe it, those who are close allies with Apollo saw how Hyakinthos held his own when they attacked Heracles familia just a day before.

Other gods started to believe it when the fight started; he was able to hold his own indeed, even fighting August to a stalemate for a few minutes. So now, they couldn't comprehend how. How is he beheaded and killed like he was nothing.

They felt awe, admiration, but most of all... The gods felt fear... If Apollo is to be believed, Hyakinthos had reached level 6, the same as August... Yet he was beaten, killed... Just like that.

It felt... Too easy.

The gods' eyes automatically looked towards Apollo, and words can't describe the look on the deity's face. It was as if he had swallowed an extremely bitter bug.

Eyes plastered on the mirror, fists clenched, his face red from anger and confusion. Gone was the arrogant demeanor he was carrying at the start of the wargames.

Apollo felt cheated; after all that was promised to him by Hecate, he now had to watch Hyakinthos, his most prized adventurer, die in the most anticlimactic way. His eyes were glued towards the face of his captain; he couldn't believe how pathetic his death was.

He turned towards Ishtar, eyes burning with rage. "What is the mea-"

Ishtar quickly placed a knife on the side of Apollo. Her eyes staring at him with coldness. She then looked around, observing if the other gods were still looking. "I suggest you keep your mouth shut... Or I'll shut it up for you." She whispered, her voice seductive and charming, yet it filled Apollo with fear. "I know you have questions, but we don't want them to hear about it now, do we?"

Apollo growled; he wanted nothing more than to choke Ishtar from where she stood. "What is the meaning of this?" He asked, his voice filled with anger and a sense of betrayal. "You... No, Evilus promised that they have given my child power, enough power to kill that fucking imbecile... So why in all the realms is my child dead instead of him?"

Ishtar chuckled; she then removed the knife from Apollo's side and pocketed it. She faced back on the mirror, a smile on her face. "And that we did."

"WHAT DO Y-" He stopped as Ishtar's eyes looked at him again; he felt his hair standing all over his body because of the look she gave him. He shook his head and kept his voice low. "What do you mean you did? Hyakinthos is dead, and that mongrel is still alive."

Ishtar returned her usual seductive smile; she leaned closer towards Apollo, a seductive voice then whispered in his ear. "We needed him dead for the orb to take its full effect."

Apollo's eyes widened; this wasn't part of the deal. The deal was that he'd join Evilus in exchange for power, for revenge. Not this. He did not want his child to be dead, no... He wanted him to be strong.

As cruel as Apollo is, he still cares for the members of his familia, especially those who are loyal and faithful towards him. He gritted his teeth and looked at Ishtar with rage and disgust... He thought he was the one playing Evilus; now he realized, Evilus had been the one playing him.