43 [ bonus ch. 3 ]

Start from the beginning

As he watched her move gracefully about the kitchen, a sense of pride welled up inside him. "She's beautiful," he thought, a soft smile tugging at his lips. "And she's all mine.*

But as his gaze lingered on her, a hint of self-consciousness crept in. "I hope she doesn't catch me staring," he thought, his cheeks tinting pink. "She might think I'm being too forward."

Before he could dwell on his thoughts any longer, Reethu turned to him with a smile, breaking him out of his reverie. "Everything okay, Shubman?" she asked, her voice filled with warmth.

Shubman nodded, his cheeks still flushed as he tore his gaze away from her. "Yeah, everything's great," he replied, his voice slightly hoarse. "Just admiring the view."

Reethu raised an eyebrow, a playful glint in her eyes. "Oh really? And what view would that be?" she teased, a smile dancing on her lips.

Shubman chuckled nervously, his cheeks flushing even deeper. "Uh, I mean... the kitchen, of course," he stammered, feeling slightly flustered under her gaze.

Reethu laughed, shaking her head fondly at his antics. "Sure, Shubman, whatever you say," she replied, her eyes twinkling with amusement. "But if you need a better view, you could always join me here."

Shubman's heart skipped a beat at her words, his cheeks turning a shade of scarlet that it was maroon. "Smooth, Reethu," he thought, a soft smile tugging at his lips. "Always keeping me on my toes."

As he made his way over to her, a sense of contentment washed over him. In that moment, surrounded by the warmth of their home and the love they shared, Shubman knew that he was exactly where he was meant to be – by Reethu's side, now and always.

Shubman approached Reethu with a playful grin, his steps light as he closed the distance between them. "Well, who am I to resist such an offer?" he teased, his voice laced with affection as he wrapped his arms around her waist from behind.

Reethu chuckled, leaning back into his embrace. "That's more like it," she replied, her tone playful as she continued arranging the kitchen items. "Now, help me with these plates, will you?"

Shubman nodded eagerly, his heart swelling with love for the woman in his arms. As they worked together, their movements synchronized in perfect harmony, he couldn't help but marvel at the simple joy of sharing everyday moments with her.

"So, Mom was just telling me about this new recipe she tried," Reethu said, breaking the comfortable silence between them. "She thinks we should give it a shot sometime."

Shubman smiled, pressing a soft kiss to her temple. "Sounds like a plan," he replied, his voice warm with enthusiasm. "I'm always up for trying new things with you."

As they finished arranging the kitchen items, Shubman reluctantly released her from his embrace, though his hand lingered on her waist for a moment longer than necessary. "All done," he said, a hint of reluctance in his voice.

Reethu turned to face him with a smile, her eyes sparkling with affection. "Thanks for the help," she said, reaching up to ruffle his hair playfully.

Shubman chuckled, batting her hand away with a mock scowl. "Hey, watch it," he protested, his eyes dancing with amusement.

With a laugh, Reethu playfully dodged his attempts to retaliate, her laughter filling the air with joy. At that moment, surrounded by the warmth and love of their home, Shubman knew that he was the luckiest man alive to have Reethu by his side.

 As Shubman and Reethu stood in each other's arms, basking in the warmth of their embrace, the afternoon sunlight streamed through the windows, casting a soft glow over the room. The gentle hum of the kitchen appliances filled the air, adding to the serene atmosphere of their home.