35

After the event, about a week later, Shubman found himself leaning against the kitchen counter in their new house for which the interiors were going. He saw his now fiancé Reethu going through a few color swatches. 

"Babe, blue or purple?" she asked looking up at him. "Blue," Shubman answered with no hesitation as she nodded smiling. He saw her hand the blue swatch to the designer before making her way to him. Shubman handed her a cup of coffee as she sat on the counter. "Thank you," she muttered before taking a sip of the coffee.

"Of course, love," he smiles kissing her forehead. Just then her phone rang and Taylor's name flashed on it making them smile. "First of all," Taylor began as Reethu swiped to answer, "I wanted to express my heartfelt congratulations on your engagement. It was such a beautiful moment, and I couldn't be happier for you both."

Reethu blushed, her cheeks tinged with pink. "Thank you so much, Taylor. Your support means the world to us," she said, her voice filled with gratitude.  "Now, onto the exciting news," she continued. "I've been thinking a lot about our collaboration, and I have a proposal for you, Reethu."

Reethu's eyes widened in surprise, as she looked at Shubman who was drinking coffee while scrolling through his schedule, her heart racing with anticipation. "What is it?" she asked eagerly, her excitement palpable.

Taylor's voice was serious yet filled with excitement. "I want you to co-write a song with me for my upcoming album," she said, her voice filled with conviction. Reethu's jaw dropped in astonishment, her mind buzzing with disbelief. "Are you serious?" she exclaimed, her heart pounding with excitement making Shubman look at her.

"Absolutely. I've been so inspired by your talent and creativity, and I truly believe that together, we can create something truly magical," she spoke, her voice brimming with enthusiasm as tears welled up in Reethu's eyes as Shubman reached out to squeeze her hand not knowing what was going on. 

"Thank you so much, Taylor. This means more to me than words can express," she said, her voice filled with emotion.

After the call ended Shubman stood in front of her wiping away the tears, his eyes asking what happened. Reethu then answers about how Taylor had asked her to co-write a song with her making Shubman smile before he wrapped his arms around her pulling her into a tight hug.

As Shubman held Reethu close, still processing the exciting news about the song collaboration, they heard the designer's voice calling from the other room.

"Excuse me, Reethu, Shubman," the designer called out, "I just wanted to run a few suggestions by you for the living room furniture layout. Do you have a moment?"

Reethu wiped her tears, her cheeks flushed with excitement, and nodded. "Sure, we'll be right there," she replied, her voice tinged with anticipation. Shubman gave her a reassuring smile before releasing her from the hug. "Go ahead, I'll join you in a minute," he said, gesturing towards the designer.