15

Reethu placed the trophy on the shelf, contemplating the path she had chosen. Maybe pursuing a career in cricket wouldn't have been such a bad idea after all. However, she quickly brushed aside those thoughts and connected her phone to the speaker, eager to unwind with some music.

"Ugh, ads are so frustrating," she muttered, frowning at the interruption. Finally, Taylor Swift's "Willow" began to play, and Reethu grabbed her guitar, strumming along to the familiar melody. 

Lost in the music, she sang softly, allowing the lyrics to fill the room with their heartfelt meaning.

Feeling a surge of creativity, Reethu set aside her guitar and began sketching drafts for the Indian Spider-Man design. Humming along to the songs playing in the background, she immersed herself in the artistic process, occasionally getting up to stretch and dance around the room.

Suddenly, she felt a hand on her waist and another on her hand, causing her to jump in surprise.

"Hey, it's just me," Shubman's voice reassured her. "Shubman! You scared me," she chuckled, playfully swatting his arm.

"Sorry about that. Your parents gave me a spare key, by the way," he explained with a grin.

"Oh, that's convenient," Reethu replied, relaxing a bit. As they discussed interior design plans, Shubman suggested involving his sister's friend, an interior designer.

"That sounds like a great idea! Let's do it," Reethu agreed enthusiastically. Offering to make dosas, Reethu headed to the kitchen, with Shubman joining her.

"Dosas sounds amazing right now," Shubman said, rubbing his stomach with a grin. 

"I'll whip up a batch for us," Reethu replied, opening the refrigerator.

As she prepared the dosas, Shubman's playful antics and affectionate gestures brought a smile to her face. "You know, you're pretty good at this cooking thing," Shubman teased, sneaking a taste of the dosa batter.

"Hey, hands off! You'll ruin my masterpiece," Reethu joked, swatting his hand away.

After enjoying the delicious meal together, they settled in the living room to watch a movie.

"Hey, have you seen my phone anywhere?" Reethu asked, searching her pockets.

"No, let me call it for you," Shubman offered, pulling out his phone. To their surprise, they heard her ringtone emanating from the kitchen.

He something very special
I don't know what i want
He really got me goin'
He makes me feel alright
Baby baby you can get lucky tonight
I like the way he's lookin'
The way he is movin' now
I like the way they call him
Kukkad kamaal da

"Looks like it's in the kitchen," Shubman said, smirking.

"Oops, forgot I left it there," Reethu laughed, heading to retrieve her phone.

Deciding to dance instead of watching a movie, Reethu and Shubman shared a spontaneous and joyful moment together.

"Dancing with you is the best part of my day," Shubman said, twirling her around the room.

"Me too," Reethu replied, smiling up at him. The soft glow of the room's dim lighting accentuated their silhouettes, casting enchanting shadows on the walls around them. Reethu's laughter bubbled up as Shubman twirled her around, his eyes sparkling with joy.

"You're an amazing dancer," Shubman whispered, his breath warm against Reethu's ear as he pulled her close.

"Thanks, but you're not too bad yourself," she replied, a playful smile tugging at the corners of her lips.

As they danced, their bodies moved in perfect harmony, each step bringing them closer together until they were mere inches apart. Reethu could feel the heat radiating from Shubman's body, igniting a fire within her own.

Their eyes locked in an electrifying gaze, conveying a silent understanding and a depth of emotion that words could never capture. At that moment, time seemed to stand still, the world fading away until there were only the two of them, lost in the music and the magic of the moment.

Without breaking eye contact, Shubman leaned in closer, his lips hovering just inches from Reethu's. She could feel her heart pounding in her chest, her breath catching in her throat as anticipation coursed through her veins.

In a bold yet tender gesture, Shubman closed the remaining distance between them, his lips capturing hers in a gentle yet passionate kiss. It was as if the world around them ceased to exist, leaving only the two of them enveloped in the sweet embrace of their love.

Reethu melted into the kiss, her arms instinctively wrapping around Shubman's neck as she lost herself in the warmth of his embrace. Time seemed to slow to a halt as they savoured the sweetness of the moment, each touch and caress sending shivers down their spines.

When they finally pulled apart, their breaths coming in ragged gasps, they were both left breathless and exhilarated by the intensity of their connection. With a tender smile, Shubman brushed a stray lock of hair from Reethu's face, his eyes shining with adoration.

"That was..." Reethu trailed off, lost for words as she gazed into Shubman's eyes, feeling as though she could drown in their depths.

"Magical," Shubman finished for her, his voice barely above a whisper as he leaned in to place a soft kiss on her forehead.

As they continued to dance, their hearts beating as one, Reethu knew that this moment would be etched in her memory forever—a beautiful reminder of the love they shared and the joy they found in each other's arms.

Lost in each other's embrace, they danced until late into the night, their laughter and smiles filling the room with warmth and love.

As exhaustion finally caught up with them, Reethu and Shubman retreated to her room, where they settled in for the night, content in each other's presence.

"Goodnight, Shubman," Reethu whispered, feeling grateful for the simple yet beautiful moments they shared.

"Goodnight, my love," he replied, pulling her close as they drifted off to sleep, their hearts full of love and happiness.