Chapter 12 - Fort Haight Part 2

Start from the beginning

Blaidd: "I don't think you are"

Y/N: "Oh trust me I am, but...I'm ok with it" I look at him with droopy eyes. The more we lay there next to each other the more I feel like sleeping here.

Blaidd: "Alright one more time, come on, get up"

I wrap my arms around him and adjust myself perfectly enough for him to give me a piggyback ride.

His usual earthy musk hits my nose triggering a wave of relaxation. I melt into him and place my head on his shoulder. I can't help but smile, finally able to begin my recovery after that deal.

Blaidd: "You should hold on tight, we need to get out of here before any random guards come to check on this place."

I tighten my hold on the wolf, digging my head deeper into the fur on his neck.

Before I know he starts with a sprint which catches me by surprise. I grip even tighter.

(another theme to play in the background if you'd like :) . If not either read it with your playlist or even no music! Whichever you prefer)

A few minutes pass before we come to a small stroll. Blaidd seems to look a bit tired as well, due to the fight, and running to where I left Torrent. I kind of regret not bringing him closer to the castle but I didn't want him being put in danger cause of me.

The moon shines bright as Blaidd keeps walking as he carries me. I had mostly dozed off here and there while he ran, but I was startled by the sudden dips along the way from the terrain.

Blaidd: "Phew, this run is getting to me"

Y/N: "And there u thought you were Blaidd, the strong and fearless half-wolf"

Blaidd: "As much as I may be, I've got more weight to carry"

I let out a dramatic gasp

Y/N: "Are you calling me FAT!"

Blaidd: "What no! It's just that I have more things to carry than usual"

Y/N: "Haha I'm just messing with you"

The wolf lets out a huff of annoyance from my joke. He is nice, but it's weird knowing someone as scary as him can be so embarrassed easily.

Y/N: " Hey Blaidd"

Blaidd: "Yes?"

Y/N: "Thanks again, for saving me back there. I know I can be a bit overconfident and all, but, I don't think I would have made it if it weren't for you"

Blaidd: "It was nothing, I'm sure even without my help you would have found a way"

Y/N: "I'm serious, thank you"

If feel his tail wag below me. This wolf can't seem to take credit for his deed once in a while.

Blaidd: "I almost had a heart attack, hearing you call out for me."

Y/N: "Did you see that thing? He was huge! His muscles would have killed me. How does it know how to work out like that."

Blaidd: "Well, I guess my muscles were too much for him."