These Violent Delights

Just as you expected, the two of you did not get ready on time. Showering took a bit longer than intended for...reasons, and redoing your makeup and hair was absolute hell. At the rate you were going, you'd be lucky if you would be able to make it there by nine.

"If anyone makes any spiteful remarks about our tardiness, I'm blaming you," you told Levi half-jokingly, rushing to restrap your heels. Your makeup and hair wasn't done as well as before, but it was decent enough - and hey, you actually got your eyeliner to look even so at least there was that.

"You say that as if we didn't just have another go in the shower," he replied, pulling on his suit jacket again. "Also, you were teasing the shit out of me the entire time, so don't go pinning the blame on me." You snorted, standing up on your feet and speed walking to the mirror to do some last minute touches.

"Okay, yeah," you adjusted the ribbon on your dress to your comfort, grinning to yourself, "It's just fun seeing you get all riled up."

You could see him roll his eyes from your peripheral. After touching yourself up, you shifted your body to face him. "How do I look?"

"Beautiful," he answered without hesitation. Warmth spread across your cheeks and he smiled at you endearingly.

"And you look extremely handsome," you replied with a smile. You didn't know how badly you needed to see Levi in a white button down and black suit until now. God, he looked sexy in just about everything.

Your eyes flickered down to his chest, noticing the crookedness of his tie. "Let me fix that," you said, extending out your arms to adjust the cloth. He stared at you intently as you fixed it for him.

Your hands parted from his chest after adjusting it, and then you lightly brushed a hand over his arm. "Alright, let's get going." Just as you turned back around to head towards the door, Levi grabbed you by the wrist.

"Wait," he said. You peered over your shoulder to catch a glimpse of him, and his expression appeared almost...nervous. It was then that you noticed he was hiding something behind his back.

He released his grip on your wrist and pulled out his hidden hand to reveal what he was concealing from you.

A red rose.

"This is for you."

Your lips parted in shock as your hands reached for the flower hesitantly.

He got you a rose. Levi got you a rose. You didn't even have it in you to tease him for being a sap because it felt like your heart was going to burst.

No one had ever gotten you a rose before.

When he observed that you weren't responding, he averted your gaze sheepishly and scratched the back of his neck. "I-I wasn't sure if you'd like it. I bought it from a florist just before we left today and-"

"It's perfect," you cut him off, kissing him on the cheek. "Thank you."

You grinned at him like a foolish school girl in love, well frankly, that was exactly how you were feeling.

A rose. He got me a rose.

Your eyes were fixated on the flower as you twisted the stem around with your fingers, admiring its beauty. The stupid smile on your face never vanished. He interrupted your thoughts by gently pulling you in by the waist and giving you a quick peck on the lips.

"I'm glad you liked it," he said, staring at you so lovingly.

I love you, you thought - but no, you couldn't say that. You could never say that out loud to him.